Reporting to the General Manager, the Manager, Supply Chain Scope of accountability covers all supply chain activities from Demand Management, Master Planning, Procurement, Purchasing, Supplier Performance Management, Logistics and Customer Service. The position will manage a team of Supply Chain professionals.
Summary of Duties:
• Establish plan to meet budget sales, inventory and material consumption targets.
• Participate in division Demand Review, ensuring actual demand vs sales forecast alignment. Explain demand variation as needed.
• Participate in division S&OP ensuring middle/long term load vs capacity balance and plan vs budget alignment. Explain discrepancies as needed.
• Participate in site MPS ensuring short/middle term load vs capacity balance, Manufacturing and Customer OTD.
• Support strategic sourcing activities to ensure the company has vendors to supply the key materials and components needed to run operations
• Measure and monitor vendor performance and health; conducts performance and risk reviews, determine and execute corrective and risk mitigation actions when necessary. Perform audit at supplier sites as needed.
• Establish and maintain premier customer service. Ensure Customer Service team quotes and supports Customer needs in a timely manner.
• Maintain, controls and preserves site inventories. Perform cycle counting per policy.
• Ensure shipping & receiving team meets lead-time goals.
• Provide leadership and support for continuous improvement activities, such as QRQC, Kaizen, DMAIC, 8D initiatives.
• Maintain KPI's and team performance at levels that support goals.
• Develops, maintains and improves supply chain related tools, processes and policies
• Communication of needs and objectives to the Supply Chain Team along with training, developing, mentoring and assisting team members is essential.
• Provide leadership by promoting team concepts, coaching, counseling, retaining, mentoring, training, talent management, and individual development.
• Promote a culture of accountability and results through strategy deployment and effective performance management.
• Act as a key conduit to Corporate and other departments.
Safran Ventilation Systems offers competitive salaries, recognition programs, comprehensive benefits, retirement plans with employer match, corporate university training courses, professional development programs, tuition assistance, flexible work scheduling and paid leave.
Candidates for positions with Safran Ventilation Systems must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire.
Relocation assistance and/or visa sponsorship is not guaranteed for this position.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Ventilation Systems is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail [email protected] or call: 425.583.0810. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Education: BS/BA degree or equivalent education/experience.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of progressive Supply Chain, Procurement, Program Management experience with the ability to lead and influence others.
Computer Skills: MS Office Skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), ERP experience required.
• Strong written and verbal business communications abilities, must be comfortable delivering information to all levels of the organization including senior leadership.
• Strong experience in Strategic and Master Planning, as well as vendor management
• Strong understanding of Inventory Management and familiar with ERP systems.
• Working knowledge of business finance skills and abilities.
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
• Degree in Supply Chain, Business Management or Operations
• MBA/Master's degree
• 3 years in a management/leadership role
• Experience in aerospace, automotive or mechanical manufacturing environment
• APICS and/or ISM certification
• Data Analytics tools such as Power BI and SQL
• Experience in AS/ISO standards Quality management
Locate your future workplace
7501 Hardeson Road 98203 WA
Washington United States
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Ventilation Systems is a major player in the design and manufacture of ventilation and thermal management equipment for commercial and regional aircraft, business jets, and civil and military helicopters.
- © Safran