The Senior Technical Engineer is the technical expert and will have mastery of multiple-discipline/multiple-skillset engineering design and substantiation, and will have an understanding of FAA and EASA certification, and industry processes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior Technical Engineer has the following scope of work:
• Acts as a leader and a technical resource/consultant for the Engineering group.
• Responsible for producing engineering and also for mentoring others in the Engineering group and helping them to produce engineering.
• The Senior Technical Engineer will ensure the quality of drawings and documents produced in Engineering.
• Assist the Project Engineer by helping define the structure and organization of a project.
• The Senior Technical Engineer will have drawing and document approval authority.
• Responsible for resolving technical issues and for making final technical decisions.
• Coordination with Operations, Suppliers, and the Customer will be required.
• Contribute to the preparation of NAT proposals, including development of the statement of work, non-recurring engineering estimates, and the parts kit list.
• All employees have an affirmative duty to protect and maintain the confidentiality of NAT products.
• As business conditions change it is necessary that all employees productively react and handle other essential tasks as assigned now or in the future.
• Tasks may vary slightly based on products produced at division.
The Senior Technical Engineer should possess the following:
• A four year technical degree and at least ten (10) years relevant industry experience is recommended.
o In lieu of a four year technical degree a combination of other relevant formal technical training and at least ten (10) years relevant industry experience is required.
• Ten (10) or more years of aerospace engineering experience, with at least five (5) years on programs requiring FAA or EASA certification. The ability to travel both domestically and internationally as required to support customer meetings and design reviews.
• Three (3) or more years' experience in leading technical personnel.
• Experienced in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Microsoft PowerPoint, and AutoCAD.
• Project and Drawing Management
• Troubleshooting/problem solving
• Ability to work independently or within a team
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
• Understanding of customer's expectations
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task effectively, and work under pressure
• Superior attention to detail
• Primarily office work with some travel required.
• Consistent use of computer key board and monitor
• Does require fluent communication in English.
• Protracted or irregular hours may be required.
• Must be comfortable working to meet firm deadlines, thus completing work on time.
• Occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds.
Safran-Northwest Aerospace Technologies, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated cabin interiors, catering systems and cargo equipment.
- © Safran