Northwest Aerospace Technologies (“NAT”), a Safran Company, is the only EASA DOA Certified aircraft interior reconfiguration group in the United States. Focusing on commercial and military aircrafts, NAT provides first class services in design, engineering, quality, certification, and manufacturing for a variety of Blue Chip customers.
The Senior Project Engineer provides engineering leadership to a team representing multiple skill areas, which may include internal and external resources and customers, and ensures the Engineering package conforms to the customer contract requirements and company's format and quality procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Directly responsible for the content of the Engineering package, and the budgetary and schedule performance of his/her projects.
• Responsible for technical communication and coordination with the airline customer and their suppliers, will lead the technical discussion at customer meetings.
• Create, review, and approve drawings, engineering orders, substantiation documents and aircraft manuals.
• Assign and monitor engineering work packages.
• Resolve technical issues.
• Managing projects for the successful completion within the schedule and budget.
• Contribute to the preparation of NAT proposals, including the development of the statement of work, non-recurring engineering estimates, and the parts kit list.
• Mentor less experienced Project Engineers or Engineers who are being developed for project engineering.
• Other duties as assigned.
Job Core Competencies
• Project Management – Develops project plans, coordinates projects, communicates changes and progress, completes project on time and budget, and manages project team activities.
• Judgment – You display a willingness to make decisions, you exhibit sound and accurate judgment, you support and explain reasoning for decisions, you include appropriate people in decision-making process, and you make timely decisions.
• Leadership – You exhibit confidence in self and others, you inspire respect and trust, you react well under pressure, you show courage to take action, and you motivate others to perform well.
• Negotiation Skills – You clarify interests and positions of all parties and adjust tactics to achieve desired results; you manage conflict, manipulation, and strong emotions; and you develop alternative options for mutual gain.
Located in Everett, Washington, Safran Cabin NAT offers competitive salaries, recognition programs, comprehensive benefits, retirement plans with employer match, corporate university training courses, professional development programs, and more. We offer the opportunity for a rich and diverse career across over 300 job fields and international sites while our teams work to continuously develop their skills.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Working knowledge of aircraft structural, interior, mechanical and electrical engineering.
• Structural substantiation and certification.
• Aviation background and aircraft interior experience required.
• Ability to lead team of up to 20 Engineers in productive and efficient manner to generate aircraft modification engineering.
• Ability to coach, train, and mentor team of engineers.
• Ability to assess team strengths and delegate work to gain maximum results.
• Ability to work constructively with other departments and vendors to gain consensus on the best plan for each program issue.
• Ability to prepare meeting materials and conduct design reviews as required to keep all parties informed of progress, gain team consensus and progress the engineering package to completion.
• Ability to plan an engineering package, prepare staffing plans, anticipate critical path issues and set a schedule to meet program schedules and budgets.
• Strong communication, time management and problem-solving skills.
• Computer skills should include the ability to use CAD systems, spreadsheets, word processing, project scheduling and project presentation software.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and have close/color vision ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to travel as required.
• Ability to work overtime as required.
Summary of Education, Experience & Certification
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in engineering or equivalent, minimum 10 years industry experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Locate your future workplace
415 Riverside Rd. WA 98201
Washington United States