Who We Are:
Northwest Aerospace Technologies, a proud member of the Safran Cabin family, designs, engineers, manufactures and installs the best aircraft interiors in the world, focusing on commercial and military aircraft.
Why Should You Join Us?
We have so much to offer you! As a member of the Safran family, our employees enjoy a trusting, supportive and positive work environment. This is a company where you can grow and advance and find yourself looking forward to Monday so that you can get back at it! We give you our best - excellent benefits, a 401(k) plan with a generous match, competitive pay, and a chance to work with and learn from the very best in the business. We also offer the opportunity for a rich and diverse career across over 300 job fields and international sights. There are no limits to where you can go!
Our job opportunities are driven by growth, not by turnover. We have huge new contracts, and we are hiring to support those. We are in it for the long haul. People love working here!
We are a diverse, inclusive, empowered, people-first culture and workplace, making Northwest Aerospace Technologies a great place to work.
The corporate Social Responsibility Strategy, Engage for the Future, is based on four pillars: decarbonizing aviation, being an exemplary employer, exemplifying responsible industry, and affirming our commitment to society. In response to the urgent climate challenge, Safran has an ambitious policy to support the transition to carbon-neutral aviation by 2050, involving all our teams in the solutions. At The Safran Companies, we are passionate employees who work together for a sustainable future.
What You Will Do:
We are looking for Mechanical Design Engineers of all levels to help create top quality interiors for commercial airliners. No matter what your experience level - beginner to senior, we have exciting and challenging opportunities for you!
• Basic research, data acquisition, and engineering required to generate engineering product (parts list, drawings, documents, etc.)
• Ensure the design content conforms to the company quality system procedures as documented, the customer statement of work, along with applicable certification requirements.
• With guidance, prepare engineering product using applicable customer tools and programs maintain high standard of quality, reliability, and safety in product designs.
• Research, data acquisition, and engineering required to generate engineering product (parts list, drawings, documents, etc.)
• Ensure the design content conforms to the company quality system procedures as documented, the customer statement of work, along with applicable certification requirements
• Prepare engineering product using applicable computer tools and programs maintaining high standards of quality, reliability, and safety in product designs
• Expected to have expertise in one discipline of their field
• Grow in experience by accepting tasks in multiple disciplines of the aerospace industry.
• Complete research, data acquisition, and engineering required to generate engineering product (parts list, drawings, documents, etc.)
• Take a customers' desire and developing a comprehensive program , including kit development, manpower requirements for accomplishment, and engineering statement of work definition to complete a program
Level 1 • Bachelor's degree, preferably in a field that offers the opportunity to gain a well-rounded background (i.e., Mechanical, Civil Engineering) or industry experience that is equivalent to a four-year degree
• An Engineering degree or 2-5 years of broad technical experience as a drafter/designer
• Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Products and AutoCAD.
Level 2 • Bachelor's degree, preferably in a field that offers the opportunity to gain a well-rounded background (i.e. Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, or Software Engineering) or industry experience that is equivalent
• Requirement should be an engineering degree along with two to five years of broad technical experience in an aerospace related application or a non-degreed employee with an equivalency amount of experience in an aerospace related career
Level 3 • Bachelor's degree, preferably in a field that offers the opportunity to gain a well-rounded background (i.e., Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, or Software Engineering) or industry experience that is equivalent
• Five to seven or more years of broad technical experience in an aerospace related application or a non-degreed employee with an equivalent amount of experience in an aerospace related career
Across all team members, no matter where they work at Northwest Aerospace Technologies, we are looking for people who are:
• Team Oriented
• Process Focused
• Open & Honest in their Communication
• Quality Minded
• Persistent and who honor commitments
Where We Work:
Our Everett, Washington facility is state of the art. Situated right on the Snohomish River, this is the perfect place to use all of your skills and knowledge to become an amazing engineer.
Next Steps: Apply Today!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Northwest Aerospace Technologies is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
Candidates for positions with Northwest Aerospace Technologies must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic In Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
Locate your future workplace
415 Riverside Rd. WA 98201
Washington United States
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated cabin interiors, catering systems and cargo equipment.
- © Safran