Who We Are:
Northwest Aerospace Technologies, a proud member of the Safran Cabin family, designs, engineers, manufactures and installs the best aircraft interiors in the world, focusing on commercial and military aircraft.
Why Should You Join Us?
We have so much to offer you! As a member of the Safran family, our employees enjoy a trusting, supportive and positive work environment. This is a company where you can grow and advance and find yourself looking forward to Monday so that you can get back at it! We give you our best - excellent benefits, a 401(k) plan with a generous match, competitive pay, and a chance to work with and learn from the very best in the business. We also offer the opportunity for a rich and diverse career across over 300 job fields and international sights. There are no limits to where you can go!
Our job opportunities are driven by growth, not by turnover. We have huge new contracts, and we are hiring to support those. We are in it for the long haul. People love working here!
We are a diverse, inclusive, empowered, people-first culture and workplace, making Northwest Aerospace Technologies a great place to work.
The corporate Social Responsibility Strategy, Engage for the Future, is based on four pillars: decarbonizing aviation, being an exemplary employer, exemplifying responsible industry, and affirming our commitment to society. In response to the urgent climate challenge, Safran has an ambitious policy to support the transition to carbon-neutral aviation by 2050, involving all our teams in the solutions. At The Safran Companies, we are passionate employees who work together for a sustainable future.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The Level 3 Mechanical Design Engineer has the following scope of work:
• The design function. This includes complete research, data acquisition, engineering generation required to generate engineering product (parts list, drawings, documents, etc.)
• The design content. Ensuring the design content conforms to the company quality system procedures as documented, the customer statement of work, along with applicable certification requirements
• Career growth. This includes working with Senior Technical Engineers and Project Engineers to grow in engineering experience
• Statement of work development. This function would consists of taking a customers' desire and developing a comprehensive program definition, including kit development, manpower requirements for accomplishment, and engineering statement of work definition to complete a program
• Develop engineering packages from beginning concept to production utilizing engineering tools and other engineering personnel
• Ensure that NAT's drawings and documents meet the standards established by the NAT quality system, customer requirements and the applicable certification authority
• Grow in experience by willing to take on tasks in multiple disciplines of the aerospace industry. For Mechanical Design Engineers this would consist of structures, interiors and systems functions. For electrical engineers this would include wire diagrams, wire kits, wire installations and system design
• Expertise in multiple disciplines of field
• Very minimal guidance required to accomplish tasks
• All employees have an affirmative duty to protect and maintain the confidentiality of NAT products
• As business conditions change it is necessary that all employees productively react and handle other essential tasks as assigned now or in the future
• Tasks may vary slightly based on products produced at division
• The Level 3 Mechanical Design Engineer is expected to be able to understand project scope in its entirety and prepare engineering product using applicable computer tools and programs maintaining high standards of quality, reliability, and safety in product designs
• A four-year engineering degree, preferably in a field that offers the opportunity to gain a well-rounded background (i.e. Mechanical Design Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Software Engineering)
Where We Work:
Our Everett, Washington facility is state of the art. Situated right on the Snohomish River, this is the perfect place to use all of your skills and knowledge to become an amazing engineer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Northwest Aerospace Technologies is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
Candidates for positions with Northwest Aerospace Technologies must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic In Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
Specificity of the job
• Five to seven or more years of broad technical experience in an aerospace related application or a non-degreed employee with an equivalent amount of experience in an aerospace related career
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Microsoft PowerPoint, and AutoCAD
• Experience in researching OEM drawings, specifically related to mechanical systems such as environmental control systems, vacuum waste systems and water supply and drain systems.
• Experience in the design and modification of mechanical system installations such as environmental control systems, vacuum waste systems and water supply & drain systems.
• Drawing management
• Troubleshooting/problem solving
• Ability to work independently or within a team
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task effectively, and work under pressure
• Superior attention to detail
• Able to mentor less experienced engineering personnel in fields of expertise.
• Coordination with customers, suppliers, and interdepartmental personnel is required
• Primarily office work
• Consistent use of computer key board and monitor
• Does require fluent communication in English
• Protracted or irregular hours may be required
• Must be comfortable working to meet firm deadlines, thus completing work on time
• Occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds
Locate your future workplace
415 Riverside Rd. WA 98201
Washington United States
- © Safran