The Manufacturing Engineer 2 defines the production process flow and production line structure for design Engineering, Quality Assurance, and Operational Excellence. This role improves operations by supporting production element mainly through Bill of Materials, Routers, and work instructions. This role also contributes to optimizing manufacturing resource usage through continuous improvement.
Summary of Duties:
1. Provide moderately complex technical deliverables during the manufacturing (production) engineering phase such as production documentation, industrial validation process, etc.
2. Provide high-level support to Design Engineering to improve product design for ease of manufacturing, optimization of cost, weight reduction and time to manufacture product
3. In product design phase: perform technical analysis that demonstrates production constraints and ensures opportunities are recognized and addressed - evaluate the current state of industrial capacity and capability relative to program requirements - propose changes to program plans to ensure that production cost, quality and delivery objectives can be met.
4. Perform identification and justification of capital expense and infrastructure investments and oversee their implementation.
5. Review complex 2D drawings and 3D models for manufacturability.
6. Perform complex time studies, develop multi-tier work breakdown structures, develop detailed work instructions and contribute to development of specifications
7. Develop and maintain industrialization metrics in line with Safran Cabin standard KPI's and communicate performance data on a regular basis
8. Ensure that lean manufacturing principles are used to improve the efficiency of programs and production lines
9. Ensure application of regulatory requirements, customer specifications and company specifications.
10. Apply concepts of assembly lines, BOM creation, and production line layout
11. Be proficient with most site manufacturing procedures.
12. Apply concepts of engineering drawings and 3D models relating to manufacturability.
13. Proficiency with assembly line layout and design
14. Provide training to technicians
15. Collaborate with other departments on problem solving methodologies such as 8D.
16. Support quality, non-compliances, and 8D investigations
17. Creation and validation of Production tooling
18. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related technical field.
Minimum 3 years related experience in highly regulated engineering design or production environment.
• Advanced understanding with ERP systems
• Working knowledge of CAD and PLM Software (CREO Parametric and Windchill preferred)
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Experience working at an aircraft or other aerospace OEM
• Significant knowledge of common materials and manufacturing processes used in the aerospace industry
• Proven ability to read and interpret complex engineering drawings and models
• Lean manufacturing experience.
• Proven organization and communication skills
• Ability to work well independently and cross-functionally with minimal oversight.
• Strong communication, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
• SS White/Green belt certification preferred
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Ventilation Systems is a major player in the design and manufacture of ventilation and thermal management equipment for commercial and regional aircraft, business jets, and civil and military helicopters.
- © Safran