Methods & Quality Intern will help the Operations/Quality department with continuous improvement projects and production support.
Summary of Duties:
• Participate on continuous improvement projects to reach established goals and go beyond.
• Create, review and revise technical documents such as Test Plans, Test Reports, Assembly Instructions, Standard Operation Procedures (SOP) and General Procedures.
• Work closely with OEM/MRO technicians.
• Assist with inventory management and procuring.
• Work with 2D drawings and 3D models using CAD software.
• Document and follow-up internal and external non-conformities.
• Support quality engineers during FAI process.
• Provide Quality and Methods support to OEM/MRO as needed.
• Participate in regular quality and OEM/MRO meetings as required.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Troubleshoot and work as a member of the team to solve problems.
Candidates for positions with Safran Ventilation Systems must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 CFR § 120.15 is required. U.S. person includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20), refugee or asylee who is protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Ventilation Systems is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail [email protected] or call: 425.583.0810. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Education: Actively enrolled in an undergraduate degree program in a technical field of study such as mechanical, electrical, material science, industrial or aerospace engineering as a junior or senior level student.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Working knowledge of CAD software, CREO Parametric preferred.
• Familiarity with safe operation of basic hand tools and equipment.
• Acquire an understanding manufacturing, quality and engineering processes through on the job training.
• Attention to detail
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Proficiency in MS Office software.
• Working knowledge of LabVIEW preferred.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Ventilation Systems is a major player in the design and manufacture of ventilation and thermal management equipment for commercial and regional aircraft, business jets, and civil and military helicopters.
- © Safran