A glimpse at the job:
POWERED BY TRUST. At Safran Electrical & Power, we're all about trust: the trust employees place in the Safran Group and the trust customers place in us. We trust our employees to bring bold ideas to build the future of aerospace together. In the role of Human Resources Generalist, you will formulate partnerships to deliver value-added service to leadership and team members that reflects business objectives. You'll have the opportunity to act as a leadership consultant, team member champion, and change agent by driving HR initiatives to increase organizational effectiveness and business performance. If you're looking for the opportunity to apply your talents and demonstrate your enthusiasm for the aerospace industry as we build smarter electrical solutions for a better flight, this could be the position for you!
This position contributes to our vision by:
• Providing expert advice to leaders and team members on individual and team performance (coaching, counseling and career development), improving work relationships, building engagement, and increasing productivity and retention, as well as policy interpretation and implementation;
• Managing HR projects and proposing improvements to policies, programs and procedures to improve the effectiveness of human resources and operations;
• Supporting the organization of employee events;
• Executing talent acquisition efforts, consulting with leaders on talent acquisition plans and sources. Recruiting, screening, interviewing and making recommendations for internal and external applicants providing the appropriate mix of skills, talent, and diversity;
• Supporting HR activities including immigration, project management, employee relations, legal compliance, compensation and benefits administration, etc.
Highlights from our facility:
Our Everett, WA facility is comprised of two business units: Safran Engineering Services and 787 Program. We work closely with the customer to provide engineering solutions and exceptional program support. Our Team Members enjoy our spirit of continuous improvement and participate in teambuilding events and activities.
Ongoing initiatives, like ILLUMINATE: Brightening the Path for Women and our engagement action plans, have helped to create a diverse, inclusive, empowered, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making Safran Electrical & Power a great place to work.
Safran Electrical & Power offers competitive salaries, recognition programs, comprehensive benefits, retirement plans with employer match, corporate university training courses, professional development programs, tuition assistance, flexible work scheduling and paid leave.
Relocation assistance is not offered for this position.
Candidates for positions with Safran Electrical & Power must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Safran Electrical & Power looks for service-oriented team players with strong interpersonal skills, the right attitude and adaptability to an innovative and evolving environment.
• Requires a Bachelor's Degree in HR, Business, or related field and 0-3 years of HR experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• HR certification (SHRM/HRCI) preferred
• Must possess knowledge of local labor laws
• Requires the ability to work in and manage ambiguity and the capability to be adaptable in an evolving work environment.
• Strong relationship management including teamwork, credibility, customer service, community relations, and interpersonal skills working across the organization with various levels of individuals are essential.
• Requires a demonstrated ability to maintain high levels of personal and professional integrity and to act as an ethical agent who promotes core values, integrity and accountability throughout the organization.
Across all team members, we are looking for the following attributes:
• Team oriented
• Process focused
• Open & honest communication
• Quality minded
• Ability to persevere and honor commitments
• Recognizes success
• Executes with urgency
• Customer focused in everything we do
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical & Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail [email protected] or call: 940-272-5627. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification and in the electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 15,000 employees across 13 different countries.