A glimpse at the job:
POWERED BY TRUST. At Northwest Aerospace Technologies, a proud member of the Safran family, we're all about trust: the trust employees place in the Safran Group and the trust customers place in us. We trust our employees to bring bold ideas to build the future of aerospace together. If you are looking for the opportunity to apply your talents and demonstrate your enthusiasm for the aerospace industry as we build elegant solutions for a better flight, this could be the position for you!
The Flammability Lab Technician / Engineer conducts flammability testing, facilitates flammability samples manufacturing, and prepares flammability substantiation documents.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the cleanliness and efficient operation of the flammability lab.
- Calibrate the flammability lab equipment.
- Conduct FAA/EASA certified and risk assessment flammability testing: including bunsen burner, heat release, smoke density, toxicity, radiant panel, and fire containment testing.
- Organize and provide the flammability test results to the Sr. Flammability Engineer and Flammability CVE/UM/DER.
- Help manage the flammability lab testing schedule.
- Track the manufacturing of flammability test samples, and present status reports for the Sr. Flammability Engineer.
- Review and sign engineering drawings for Flammability.
- Prepare flammability test data sheets.
- Prepare flammability test plans and reports to show compliance to applicable regulatory requirements.
- Be responsible for tracking flammability deliverables for the programs being worked.
- Help keep the flammability database up to date with the latest flammability information.
- Additional engineering duties as assigned.
- All employees have an affirmative duty to protect and maintain the confidentiality of NAT products.
- As business conditions change it is necessary that all employees productively react and handle other essential tasks as assigned, now or in the future.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or GED required. Bachelors degree or equivalent training preferred.
- Three to five years work experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment preferred.
- Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Aptitude for mechanical equipment.
- Troubleshooting/problem solving.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task effectively, and work under pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in performing duties.
- Flammability lab environment may have fluctuating temperatures.
- Working in a lab environment some of the time.
- Protracted or irregular working hours may be required.
- Occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds.
Safran is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated cabin interiors, catering systems and cargo equipment.
- © Safran