Who We Are:
Northwest Aerospace Technologies, a proud member of the Safran Cabin family, designs, engineers, manufactures and installs the best aircraft interiors in the world, focusing on commercial and military aircraft.
Why Should You Join Us?
We have so much to offer you! As a member of the Safran family, our employees enjoy a trusting, supportive and positive work environment. This is a company where you can grow and advance and find yourself looking forward to Monday so that you can get back at it! We give you our best - excellent benefits, a 401(k) plan with a generous match, competitive pay, and a chance to work with and learn from the very best in the business. We also offer the opportunity for a rich and diverse career across over 300 job fields and international sights. There are no limits to where you can go!
Our job opportunities are driven by growth, not by turnover. We have huge new contracts, and we are hiring to support those. We are in it for the long haul. People love working here!
We are a diverse, inclusive, empowered, people-first culture and workplace, making Northwest Aerospace Technologies a great place to work.
The corporate Social Responsibility Strategy, Engage for the Future, is based on four pillars: decarbonizing aviation, being an exemplary employer, exemplifying responsible industry, and affirming our commitment to society. In response to the urgent climate challenge, Safran has an ambitious policy to support the transition to carbon-neutral aviation by 2050, involving all our teams in the solutions. At The Safran Companies, we are passionate employees who work together for a sustainable future.
Performs the daily activities within the Decorative Shop, specializing in installing decorative materials. Appling all final finish materials of aircraft interior components according to engineering, company quality standards and operating procedures under minimal supervision.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Safely performs component preparation and covering under minimal supervision in accordance with current technical data required in the manufacturers' instructions for continued airworthiness, government and industry standard practices, and other data acceptable to or approved by the FAA.
• Responsible for coverings including fabric, leather and tedlar
• Provides assistance related to finish requirements to the Production Supervisor to support the master production schedule.
• Interpret material specs and engineering drawings to ensure upholstered components meet the design spec, quality standards and customer expectations.
• Ensures that work orders and forms used for traceability are properly executed
• Ensures the shop equipment and tools are maintained in good working order.
• Ensures the shop premises are maintained in a clean and orderly manner.
Annual Salary: USD $41,600 - $52,000
• Wears safety equipment as required and practices safety guidelines/procedures, including Hazardous Materials guidelines.
• Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on time to work and working full shifts.
• Other duties as assigned.
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 39 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
• Your Career: Safran is committed to providing internal mobility to our employees. We operate globally so the sky is the limit of where your Safran journey can take you.
• Your Development: Safran employees have free access to Safran University courses and external tuition reimbursement for approved programs or certifications.
• Your Benefits: Our suite of comprehensive benefits include health care (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, 401(k) savings plans with company match, paid time off, Safran Perks with BenefitHub – Employee Discounts & Rewards Marketplace for consumer products/services and more!
Annual Salary: USD 32,760-38,280
• Work Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, displays commitment to excellence, looks for ways to improve and promote quality, applies feedback to improve performance, and monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Safety – You observe safety and security procedures, you determine appropriate action beyond guidelines, you use equipment and materials properly, and you report potentially unsafe conditions.
Summary of Education, Experience & Certification
• Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent.
• 1 year Decorative experience, preferably in the corporate aviation completion environment or other high end industry such as yachts, luxury motor coaches, etc.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Experience in preparation of decorative coverings including fabric, leather and tedlar,
• Ability to communicate in English (read, write and verbally communicate)
• Display good communication, time-management and organizational skills
• Ability to select and work with proper tools for job task
• Mathematical knowledge and ability to apply towards problem solving
• Exhibits hand-eye coordination skills
• Ability to travel as required
• Ability to work overtime as required
• Able to comply with DOT/FAA Drug and Alcohol Testing Program
• Able to climb and work on step stools and/or ladders.
• Able to lift 50 lbs. without assistance/able to lift up to 100 lbs. with assistance.
• Able to reach overhead.
• Able to work in a non-dust-free environment.
• Normal or corrected vision (required to perform exacting tasks).
• Full range of motion with both hands.
• Can work in a stooping, kneeling or standing position and in cramped areas
Where We Work:
Our Everett, Washington facility is state of the art. Situated right on the Snohomish River, this is the perfect place to use all of your skills and knowledge to become an amazing engineer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Northwest Aerospace Technologies is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
Candidates for positions with Northwest Aerospace Technologies must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire.
Locate your future workplace
415 Riverside Rd. WA 98201
Washington United States