Provides leadership for Design Engineering groups within Greenpoint's Engineering Department supporting ongoing and future Greenpoint programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensures adherence to schedule, budget and quality in accordance with program requirements.
• Effectively leads and manages a team of Engineers to design/certify aircraft modifications.
• Ensures technical requirements for engineering designs are met.
• Leads the team to produce designs that account for design to cost, design for installation and design for manufacturing.
• Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training and evaluating staff. Makes recommendations, initiates promotions, transfers and disciplinary action.
• Conducts 1:1 discussions, annual performance reviews and mid-year reviews and salary adjustments.
• Sets the quality standard for the engineering department and ensures processes are established and standards are met for their specific discipline.
• Coaches, trains and mentors a team of Design Engineers to keep all team members working efficiently.
• Develops analytical tools, databases and work flow procedures, as needed, for efficient design.
• Manages multiple priorities and competing tasks while making decisions as to priority of tasks and assignment of team members.
• Works closely and constructively with other departments within Greenpoint to gain consensus on the best strategy for each engineering design issue.
• Communicates clearly with the engineering team, other departments and vendors, as required, to facilitate smooth completion of Greenpoint designs.
• Prepares staffing plans, anticipates critical path issues and sets a schedule to meet program schedules and budgets.
• Assists with bids and estimations of costs for new programs.
• Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on time to work and working full shifts.
• Other duties as assigned.
Summary of Education, Experience & Certification
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in engineering; minimum 8 years industry experience; a minimum of 4 years' experience successfully leading a team of engineers, including a proven track record of effective team building and talent development; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Aerospace background required.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to motivate, coach and manage a team including conducting annual performance reviews.
• Strong written and verbal communication and effective presentation skills.
• Knowledge of aircraft interiors and drawing development, installation and FAA requirements.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications. Excellent technical, conceptual, and financial skills required.
• Ability to motivate team efforts to accomplish goals.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Ability to work well independently and cross-functionally as part of an established and growing team.
• Strong, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and have close/color vision ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to travel as required.
• Ability to work outside of core business hours as required.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.