Assists with the programming, setup and operation of CNC machinery to support production requirements. Responsible for safety and scheduled maintenance of CNC equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Programs 3 axis and operates 3 and/or 5 axis CNC router using CAD/CAM.
• Coordinates internally with Greenpoint departments to clarify best practices for programming and operating of equipment.
• Adheres to quality standards, while meeting project deadlines and budgets.
• Maintains a neat organized work area and help with the general daily housekeeping of the department.
• Responsible for oversight and maintenance of CNC equipment.
• Ensures proper compliance with certification and shop order control.
• Wears safety equipment as required and practices safety guidelines/procedures, including Hazardous Materials guidelines.
• Meets target hours and completes schedules as set by management.
• Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on time to work and working full shifts.
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Greenpoint Core Competencies
• Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and accepts constructive criticism/feedback and changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
• Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts effectively in verbal and written form, exhibits good listening and comprehension, keeps others informed, and uses appropriate communication methods.
• Dependability – Responds to requests for service and assistance, follows instruction and responds to management direction, takes responsibility for own actions and doing the best job possible, keeps commitments, and maintains reliable attendance.
• Initiative – Sets and achieves challenging goals, demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles, measures self against standard of excellence, recognizes and acts on opportunities, and takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
• Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, and puts success of team above own interests.
• Work Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, displays commitment to excellence, looks for ways to improve and promote quality, applies feedback to improve performance, and monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Safety – You observe safety and security procedures, you determine appropriate action beyond guidelines, you use equipment and materials properly, and you report potentially unsafe conditions.
• Productivity – You meet productivity standards, you complete work in timely manner, you strive to increase productivity, you work quickly and achieve established goals.
• Problem Solving – You identify problems in a timely manner, you gather and analyze information skillfully, you develop alternative solutions, you resolve problems in early stages, and you work well in group problem solving situations.
Summary of Education, Experience & Certification
High school diploma and one year experience or equivalent combination of education and experience with demonstrated skills. Vocational and technical schooling preferred. Aviation background and aircraft interior experience preferred.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Strong understanding of operation of CNC router.
• Ability to read blueprints and documents to specification.
• Ability to program components per drawing.
• Ability to maintain high quality standards and work within a schedule driven environment.
• Ability to work with your hands, performing several tasks, such as operating air tools, edge potting panels, potting inserts in panels, riveting, general assembly using hand tools to attach components together, etc.
• General knowledge working with aluminum and nomex materials.
• General knowledge of Aerospace record keeping and related quality standards preferred.
• Mathematical knowledge and ability to apply towards problem solving.
• Ability to travel as required.
• Ability to work overtime as required.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and have close/color vision ability to adjust focus.
• Able to climb and work on step stools and/or ladders.
• Able to lift 25 lbs. without assistance / Able to lift up to 100 lbs. with assistance.
• Able to reach overhead.
• Able to work in a non-dust free environment.
• Normal or corrected vision (required to perform exacting tasks).
• Full range of motion with both hands.
• Can work in stooping, kneeling, standing position and in cramped areas.
Locate your future workplace
3561 Shelby Lane TX 76207
Texas United States
- © Safran