A glimpse at the job:
At Safran Electrical & Power, our vision is smarter electrical solutions for a better flight. In the role of HR Intern, you will work directly with Team Members and Leaders at all levels, supporting HR initiatives to increase organizational effectiveness and business performance. You'll have the opportunity to assist the HR team with recruiting, projects, various administrative tasks and support the HR department's daily activities. If you're looking for the opportunity to apply your talents, learn the HR role from the ground up, and demonstrate your enthusiasm for the aerospace industry, this could be the position for you!
This position contributes to our vision by:
• Assist with Talent Acquisitions; partnering with leaders on opening a position, updating job descriptions, interviewing candidates, assisting with new hire orientation and salary survey administration
• Act as technical resource for employees and address and resolve inquiries and problems relating to the human resources function.
• Assist HR Business Partners with employee relations situations, labor relations, benefits management, etc.
• Assist with administrative activities including scheduling meetings, organizing events, recognition programs, creating/designing HR communications and other activities which keep our department running effectively
Highlights from our facility:
As the North American headquarters for Safran Electrical & Power, the Denton, Texas facility's diverse team works together to innovate smarter electrical solutions for a better flight. Safran is a champion of the local community and supports programs like United Way, Serve Denton, and the Denton Independent School District, among other local organizations. Safran has won many prestigious awards from our customers, including the Sikorsky Elite Supplier and the Boeing Supplier of the Year. Located in the heart of North Texas, Denton is home to two major universities and a vibrant arts and music community, and is one of the top 25 fastest growing cities in the country!
Safran Electrical & Power looks for service-oriented team players with strong interpersonal skills, the right attitude and adaptability to an innovative and evolving environment.
• Junior or Senior currently enrolled in, or recently graduated from, a four-year college or university or in a master's program with a preferred course of study in Human Resources Management or related field.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions and in support of group and company objectives; demonstrated ability to bring new solutions to complex issues. - Advanced
• Requires proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook). - Advanced
• Ability to assess risk and take preventative measures to mitigate risk to business. - Basic
• Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills required. - Advanced
• Strong relationship management including teamwork, credibility, customer service, community relations, and interpersonal skills working across the organization with various levels of individuals.- Advanced
• Knowledge of labor relations laws, processes, and labor relations - Preferred
• Must be capable of effective time management - Advanced
• Demonstrable knowledge of applicable state and federal employment and labor laws and governmental compliance requirements. – Preferred
• Demonstrated ability to maintain high levels of personal and professional integrity and to act as an ethical agent who promotes core values, integrity and accountability throughout the organization. – Expert
• Demonstrated ability to work in and manage ambiguity and the capability to be adaptable in an evolving work environment. – Advanced
Specificity of the job
No travel required.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification and in the electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 15,000 employees across 13 different countries.