A glimpse at the job:
This role is located in our Denton, Texas facility, within the North America headquarters for Safran Electrical & Power.
The HR Development Specialist acts as organizational development liaison and facilitates training initiatives across the enterprise. Develops strategies, tools and processes to address key organizational needs across the enterprise. Manages innovative and leading edge organizational development programs to meet individual, business unit and corporate needs. Plans, develops, implements and administers HR training and development programs for company associates. Responsible for development and integration of human resource programs and associated projects to achieve strategic business goals and operational objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Implements and oversees programs that increase efficiency, strengthen team member knowledge and abilities, improve leadership and maintain the overall health of a company;
• Works with all levels of leadership in diagnosing problems and setting company goals, then creates training programs to meet those goals, incorporating behavioral science to enhance member satisfaction and productivity;
• Develops and sustains collaborative relationships with corporate and regional HR business partners and stakeholders on talent development and training activities;
• Provides expertise in strategy development, execution and planning;
• Monitors, evaluates and contributes to the development and improvement of talent management processes and systems;
• Coordinates planning, implementation, and maintenance of Succession Planning, High Potential and Performance Management Programs;
• Develops comprehensive development and training needs analysis as an input to the continuous improvement of talent development processes, programs and systems;
• Develops and coordinates leadership programs to ensure all leaders and potential leaders possess requisite skills for success;
• Identifies and incorporates best practices and lessons learned into program plans;
• Participates in the identification and development of a competency model to be used throughout various organizational programs;
• Designs, develops, and delivers instructional and developmental programs; learning activities, audio-visual materials, instructor guides and lesson plans;
• Reviews evaluations of training courses, objectives, and accomplishments. Makes assessments of effectiveness of training from participant feedback, application of training and performance measurements;
• Consults with leadership on performance and organizational matters. Conducts needs assessments to determine measures required to enhance talent performance and overall company performance;
• Provide guidance and coaching to leaders and team members on problem solving and dispute resolution;
• May lead enterprise-wide projects for new systems and processes;
Education and/or Experience -
• Requires a Bachelor's degree in one or more of the following: Organizational Development; Training and Development; or Human Resources Management.
• Requires a minimum of five (5) years' organizational development, training, or related Human Resources experience.
• Must possess the ability to run and analyze HR reports and data. - Advanced
• Requires proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Strong knowledge of HRIS/learning management systems required.
• Expert level verbal and written communication and presentation skills required; interpersonal skills working across the organization with various levels of individuals are essential.
• Must be capable of multi-tasking.
• Demonstrated success and experience in consulting on and driving multiple HR functional areas including Performance Management, Organizational Development, Leadership and Talent Development.
• Demonstrable leadership and customer focus skills.
• Demonstrated success in Project Management.
• Knowledge of applicable state and federal employment and labor laws and governmental compliance requirements.
• Manages administrative tasks for record keeping and reporting
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions and in support of group and Company objectives;
• Demonstrated ability to bring new solutions to complex issues.
• Versatility: proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Flexibility: willingness to work within the constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
• Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects
• Strong ability to deal with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
• Commitment to excellence and high standards
• Acute attention to detail
• Analytical skills
• Detailed oriented
• Innovative team player
Safran Electrical & Power offers competitive salaries, recognition programs, comprehensive benefits, retirement plan with employer match, corporate university training courses, professional development programs, tuition assistance, flexible work scheduling and paid leave.
Candidates for positions with Safran Electrical & Power must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification and in the electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 11,500 employees across 13 different countries.
- © Safran