A glimpse at the job:
POWERED BY TRUST. At Safran Electrical & Power, we're all about trust: the trust employees place in the Safran Group and the trust customers place in us. We trust our employees to bring bold ideas to build the future of aerospace together. In the role of Database Administrator, you implement, administer, and maintain databases and ensure their health and performance. You'll have the opportunity to design, develop, implement, and maintain the security of our databases and their content, and install and configure software distributions. If you're looking for the opportunity to apply your talents and demonstrate your enthusiasm for the aerospace industry as we build smarter electrical solutions for a better flight, this could be the position for you!
This position contributes to our vision by:
• Testing programs or databases, correcting errors and making necessary modifications
• Modifying existing databases and database management systems to fulfill requirements/expectations of depending applications or services. Managing upgrades.
• Working as part of a project team to coordinate database development and determine project scope capabilities and limitations
• Specifying users and user access levels for each segment of database
• Approving, scheduling, planning, and supervising the installation and testing of new products/components and improvements to computer systems related to the installation/operation of new or existing database services.
• Collaborating with the Architect team regarding database documentation, data standards and procedures
• Developing, managing and testing back-up and recovery plans and ensuring that storage, archiving, back-up and recovery procedures are functioning correctly
• Providing consultation and technical expertise regarding database management systems (DBMS), database management tools, access methods, and vendor-provided database management software
Highlights from our facility:
As the North American headquarters for Safran Electrical & Power, the Denton, Texas facility's diverse team works together to innovate smarter electrical solutions for a better flight. Safran is a champion of the local community and supports programs like United Way, Serve Denton, and the Denton Independent School District, among other local organizations. Safran has won many prestigious awards from our customers, including the Sikorsky Elite Supplier and the Boeing Supplier of the Year. Located in the heart of North Texas, Denton is home to two major universities and a vibrant arts and music community, and is one of the top 25 fastest growing cities in the country!
Ongoing initiatives, like [email protected] and our engagement action plans, have helped to create a diverse, inclusive, empowered, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making Safran Electrical & Power a great place to work.
The CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) strategy, Engage for the Future, is based on four pillars: decarbonizing aviation, being an exemplary employer, exemplifying responsible industry, and affirming our commitment to society. In response to the urgent climate challenge, Safran has an ambitious policy to support the transition to carbon-neutral aviation by 2050, involving all of our teams in the solutions. At Safran, we are passionate employees who work together for a sustainable future.
Safran Electrical & Power offers competitive salaries, recognition programs, comprehensive benefits, retirement plans with employer match, corporate university training courses, professional development programs, tuition assistance, hybrid remote work, flexible work scheduling and paid leave. We offer the opportunity for a rich and diverse career across over 300 job fields and international sites while our teams work to continuously develop their skills.
Relocation assistance offered for this position.
Safran Electrical & Power looks for service-oriented team players with strong interpersonal skills, the right attitude and adaptability to an innovative and evolving environment.
• Requires a Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, or a related field
• Requires 5-8 years experience in database management/development and 3-5 years experience in business critical application installation, configuration and support in Windows systems environments
• Requries expert knowledge in MS SQL (2008 – 2016), including SSIS, SSRS, and Clustering knowledge
• Knowledge and experience in MySQL (4.0 to 5.6), Oracle (9i to 11g), and Citrix application publication or similar technologies is a plus
• Prefers MCSA SQL Server certification; Oracle Datasbe OCP/OCM certification is a plus
• This position may require up to 10% international travel
Across all team members, we are looking for the following attributes:
• Team oriented
• Process focused
• Open & honest communication
• Quality minded
• Ability to persevere and honor commitments
• Recognizes success
• Executes with urgency
• Creates solutions
• Customer focused in everything we do
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical & Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail [email protected] or call: 940-272-5627. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Candidates for positions with Safran Electrical & Power must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire.
This position requires access to technologies and hardware subject to US national security based export control requirements. All applicants must be US Citizens, or otherwise authorized by the U.S. Government. No company sponsorship will be offered.
Locate your future workplace
North America wiring Labinal Services, 3790 Russell, Newman Blvd 76208- 2936
Texas United States
- © Safran