A glimpse at the job:
POWERED BY TRUST. At Safran Electrical & Power, we're all about trust: the trust employees place in the Safran Group and the trust customers place in us. We trust our employees to bring bold ideas to build the future of aerospace together. In the role of Assistant Controller, you will be responsible for the business unit's financial reporting and cost accounting. You'll have the opportunity to lead financial forecasting and reporting, analyze financial data and create financial models for decision support, and report on financial performance for leadership reviews. If you're looking for the opportunity to apply your talents and demonstrate your enthusiasm for the aerospace industry as we build smarter electrical solutions for a better flight, this could be the position for you!
This position contributes to our vision by:
• Leads financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking;
• Analyzes financial data and creates financial model and KPI for decision support;
• Reports on financial performance and prepares for regular leadership reviews;
• Analyzes past results, performs variance analysis, identifies trends, and makes recommendations for improvements;
• Works closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting;
• Evaluates financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts;
• Guides cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures;
• Provides analysis of trends and forecasts and recommends actions for optimization;
• Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; studies proposed changes in methods and materials;
• Identifies and drives process improvements, including the creation of standard, tools, and Excel dashboards;
• Increases productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools;
• Maintains a strong financial analysis foundation creating forecasts and models;
• Assists month end closing as needed;
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Ongoing initiatives, like [email protected] and our engagement action plans, have helped to create a diverse, inclusive, empowered, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making Safran Electrical & Power a great place to work.
Safran Electrical & Power offers competitive salaries, recognition programs, comprehensive benefits, retirement plans with employer match, corporate university training courses, professional development programs, tuition assistance, flexible work scheduling and paid leave.
Relocation assistance offered for this position.
Candidates for positions with Safran Electrical & Power must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Safran Electrical & Power looks for service-oriented team players with strong interpersonal skills, the right attitude and adaptability to an innovative and evolving environment.
• Requires a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field
• Requires 5+ years of related experience
• Proficient in ERP and MS Office, including Excel - Advanced
• Proficient with integrated accounting systems and databases. Hyperion and/or Avante experience preferred
• Commitment to excellence and high standards – Advanced
• Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence – Advanced
• Organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills – Advanced
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within changing priorities with enthusiasm – Advanced
• Interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills at all levels of the organization – Advanced
• Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees – Advanced
• Ability to manage confidential data and decisions - Advanced
Across all team members, we are looking for the following attributes:
• Team oriented
• Process focused
• Open & honest communication
• Quality minded
• Ability to persevere and honor commitments
• Recognizes success
• Executes with urgency
• Customer focused in everything we do
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical & Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail [email protected] We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification and in the electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 15,000 employees across 13 different countries.