Are you passionate about technology or aviation? Come invent the solutions of tomorrow in the aerospace and defense industry, with an international group where innovation, teamwork and continuing, daily education are fundamental values. Join us!
A Weights Engineer shall be responsible for creating and maintaining mass property (weight) data/reports and developing solutions to a wide range of mass properties problems.
• Your Career: Safran is committed to providing internal mobility to our employees. We operate globally so the sky is the limit of where your Safran journey can take you.
• Your Development: Safran employees have free access to Safran University courses and external tuition reimbursement for approved programs or certifications.
• Your Benefits: Our suite of comprehensive benefits include health care (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, 401(k) savings plans with company match, paid time off, and more! ting diversity throughout our companies.
• Write technical weight reports and weight study report to support engineering activities, such as design changes, service bulletins, etc. to evaluate and control weight impact.
• Evaluate conceptual design of aircraft interior products to meet customer weight target requirements and to minimize weight while maintaining performance within the constraints of the program.
• Set weight target for the Design/Electrical Engineers.
• Maintains weight reduction processes and methods.
• Review weight data from production and investigate and solve the possible cause of abnormal weight fluctuation.
• Know and understand regulatory requirements and customer specifications.
Education: BS in Aeronautical, Mechanical or Civil Engineering.
Experience: 3-5 years in Engineering
• CATIA V5
• Basic knowledge Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Effective oral and written communications skills
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and assignments with attention to detail
• Problem solving, well organized, detailed oriented and accurate.
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
• Weight Management experience
• Royal 4
Description: Mid-level position within field.
Specificity of the job
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 39 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
Safran's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) goes beyond our facility walls. We value and support the communities where we live and work. One of Safran's values and CSR pillar is Corporate Citizenship that helps drive economic, social and cultural progress by sharing our gifts with those around us.
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.