Are you passionate about technology or aviation? Come invent the solutions of tomorrow in the aerospace and defense industry, with an international group where innovation, teamwork and continuing, daily education are fundamental values. Join us!
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 39 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
The Project Manager oversees the planning, implementation, and tracking of specific medium size short-term industrial transfer projects.
The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring that all technical, cost, quality and delivery requirements are met for successful gate reviews
This includes meeting all recurring cost (RC) objectives, manufacturing, purchasing and maintenance. The project manager has budget accountability as delegated by a Program Manager, or Division/Business unit leader.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time:
• Define and implement the development plan according to Safran's GRP0225 Transfer gated process
• Work with both sites project team to meet deliverables, and receiving site to achieve required performances in quality, delivery and cost commitments as defined by the division/Business Unit leader
• Define and organize project tasks using project management process methodology and tools, drive project teams for resolution
• Drafting and managing consolidated project plan, coordinate and drive teams for micro plans
• Work with Both sites to manage budget, and keep cost in control.
• Define project governance, schedule, prepare and leads reviews and program milestone reviews as applicable
o Gate review, Steering committee reviews
o Risk Management reviews
o Project team reviews (regular and ad hoc)
o Customer reviews as required
• Ensure previous lessons learned are incorporated into project planning and control, update as new lessons learned
• Report and escalate to management as needed
• Other duties maybe assigned
The expected salary range for this position is between $89,110.00 - 140,030.00 USD. Actual compensation will be determined based on experience, education, and other factors permitted by law.
Education: Bachelor's degree in an Engineering or other Technical discipline
• (with Bachelor's degree) 3-5 years of related experience leading a work package
• Experience with site or product Transfer, knowledge of Safran procedure GRP0225 is plus
• Experience within the aviation and/or aerospace or automotive industry is a plus
• Proficient with Excel and competent with other MS Office programs (Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
• Previous experience in planning or managing projects, as well as, the ability to develop, lead, motivate working teams.
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
• Familiar with problem solving tools
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required):
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering
Description: Intermediate-level role within job field.
Specificity of the job
Travel may be required
Locate your future workplace
12240 Warland Drive CA 90630
California United States