Supports the engineering and production departments with respect to the manufacturing of aircraft interior products by solving manufacturing issues and reducing the time to manufacture products with the implementation of time saving measures. The Manufacturing Engineer will ensure the quality, integrity and certification properties of products manufactured is maintained or improved.
Summary of Duties:
• Act as shop liaison between design engineers and production to ensure products are built to specifications and engineering documents.
• Provide feedback to design engineering to improve product design for ease of manufacturing, optimization of cost, weight reduction and time to manufacture product.
• Prepare engineering change requests (CRs) as required to support manufacturing and quality of parts produced.
• Identify and, if necessary, design and deploy tooling to aid in production processes.
• Ensure standardization and compliance to engineering, customer and company specification for processes employed in the production of interior products.
• Solve manufacturing issues and communicate solutions to design engineering.
• Establish manufacturing line set up for new products for optimal production with respect to time and cost.
• Provide assistance to production personal for all facets related to manufacturing of product.
• Know and apply C&D engineering manual, CDE1000 with emphasis on Section 2.0.
• Identify and deploy improvements on the shop floor
• Review 2D drawings for manufacturability
• Analyze process and product risks
Level 2 Qualifications:
Education: BS in Industrial, Aeronautical, Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering
Experience: 4-5 years.
Computer Skills: Proficient with Windows Operating System®, Office XP®., AutoCAD. Knowledge of design software
Other Skills: Experience with airworthiness regulations, and LEAN tools such as valve stream mapping (VSM) “5S”.
Description: Intermediate-Mid Level position within job role.
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws
Specificity of the job
1. Does require fluent communication in English language.
2. Employment Status may be part-time, full-time, or temporary.
3. Traveling is required.
4. Protracted or irregular hours may be required.
5. Relocation to another Safran facility may be required.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.