Reporting to the Site Performance Improvement Manager, the objectives and missions are:
• At the request of a sponsor, the improvement project leads projects contributing to enhance the performance of a process or an activity
• He/She creates the conditions to promote the improvement, innovation and related tools and organize best practices sharing
Summary of Duties:
• To set boundaries to the project with the help of the sponsor
• To implement the structure of the project management (especially the decision-making body «Steering Committee»)
• To identify the needs in resources and negotiate their provision with the sponsor
• To implement ambitious improvement projects using methods such as Lean Sigma
• To drive the project in incorporating its change management
• To support and lead other projects pilots. They supervise projects led by GB (or BB if MBB) and develop their skills
• To involve the projects shareholders
• To share feedbacks with other project pilots
Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Business/Operations
• 10+ years of experience in the following areas: Continuous Improvement, Manufacturing, Supply Chain; Customer Services; Production; Quality; Engineering; Information Technology; Logistics or Planning.
• Knowledge of the company, Group, management system, processes and organizations
• Knowledge of the project management and risks management
• Knowledge of the leverages of changes in complex organizations
• Knowledge of the basics in terms of techno-economic management and performance management
• Knowledge of the Lean Sigma tools and methods
• Proficiency in the use of common software packages including MS Office suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, PowerPoint
• Capacity to negotiate
• Capacity to delegate
• Capacity to solve difficult problems in complex situations
• Experience of the functional and transverse management of multidisciplinary teams
• Capacity to work in a multicultural and international environment
• Ability to conduct changes
• Practical experiences of Safran tools and methods including Lean Sigma and the management of complex projects
• Capacity to identify the leverages of performance improvement
• Capacity to involve and confederate
• Great organization and personal structuring
• Great coordinator
• Qualities in interpersonal relationships and capacity to kindly challenge the organizations
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
• Master Black Belt or Black Belt certification from Safran
Description: Senior-level position within field
1. Does require fluent communication in English language, speaking Spanish would be an asset.
2. Employment Status will be full-time based in South California, USA
3. Traveling may be required.
4. Regular office environment with regular interactions with people on the shop floor
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job, rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Safran Cabin is an “at-will” employer, which means that employment is at the mutual consent of both the employee and the employer, and may be terminated at will, for any reason, with or without cause at any time during your employment with the Company. No one other than the CEO of the Company can enter into an agreement of employment for a specified period of time or make any agreement or representation contrary to this policy. Further, any such agreement must be in writing and signed by the CEO of the Company.
To Comply with Provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act, physical, mental, environmental, and other work conditions essential for the job are noted below. Specific codes are used to specify the frequency of such conditions or requirements.
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.