The Senior Manager FP&A is responsible for the monthly financial reports and month end closing for the Reporting Unit (RU). Interacts with engineering and program management on a daily basis to understand and analyze financial performance of each program. Perform detailed analysis of the monthly financial statements. Responsible for helping the organization reach the goals of our mission statement.
The Senior Manager FP&A analyze the financial performance of each program (gross engineering costs, capitalized costs, engineering revenue). The Senior Manager FP&A also ensure compliance of each program with IFRS accounting rules. This job reports hierarchically to the division CFO.
Summary of Duties:
• Prepare, analyze, and interpret statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget.
• Prepare and review financial statements.
• Forecast the main program economic and financial aggregates (revenues, gross margin, operating income, free cash flow)
• Support the calculation of margins on contracts, provisions, for each accounting period
• Ensure the accuracy and relevance of economic forecasts and analyses
• Monitor RTDI expenditures
• Verify consistency between the costing model and the actual cost of first parts
• Coordinate with site controllers the program level process of estimating production costs (bills of materials, process sequences, etc.) and analyze differences, working closely with the site controlling teams and operational staff concerned
• Collaborate with site controllers to ensure that measures to optimize inventories/work-in progress and production costs are sufficiently robust to achieve objectives
• Assist Program Managers in the preparation and bi-annual update of program business plans (BP) (development costs, production costs, prices and price adjustment formulas, representation of BP cash flow picture, etc.)
• Ensure that updated economic data in the BP is translated into the accounts (revenues under percentage-of completion method, losses on completion, asset capitalization and depreciation, etc.)
• Help justify and document accounts (IFRS 15 positions, provisions, inventories and work-in-progress, business plan, capitalization files, etc.)
• Partner with local VP Engineering to define actions to improve engineering financial performance
• Coordinate and direct the preparation of the yearly MTP / budget and monthly financial reforecasts (i.e. profit & loss, cash flows, etc.) and maintain other planning and control procedures.
• Ensure that workload/capacity analysis is duly performed for engineering activities
• Verify the suitability of economic and financial data on all projects or investments where a management decision is needed
• Prepare financial reporting based on IFRS accounting regulations
• Prepare financial reporting based on Earned Value Management systems
• Assist with preparation of tax credits
• Ensure that invoicing is completed and external funding is obtained
• Has the final responsibility for providing effective financial internal controls for the organization
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
This role uses the company's information systems and processes and works in conjunction with members of the program teams, project managers, operations PMOs, site controllers and operational managers in the perimeter to which assigned.
This role is responsible for the monthly financial reporting of the assigned program portfolio and provides a detailed analysis of program operational and financial performance.
Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in accounting or similar.
Experience: 5-7+ years in Controlling, Accounting or related field. Experience with FP&A.
• Advanced Microsoft Office (including Excel & Word) and Windows operating system.
• Must have thorough experience with ERP systems.
• Excellent analytical, organizational and good verbal and writing skills
• Must have financial statement preparation experience
• A candidate must possess excellent analytical skills, as well as, organizational and communication skills
• The candidate must have financial statement review and general ledger experience
• The candidate must possess adequate knowledge of Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and Windows based operating systems
• The candidate must be able to work unsupervised, with some direction
• Effective oral and written communications skills
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and assignments with attention to detail
• Problem solving, well organized, detailed oriented and accurate.
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
• Master's degree
• 10 or more years of experience in the Accounting field
• A candidate should be able to train and coach their staff
• The candidate should be able to perform employee evaluations
Description: Mid/Professional Level
1. Does require fluent communication in English language.
2. Employment Status may be full-time, or temporary.
3. Traveling may be required.
4. Protracted or irregular hours may be required.
5. Relocation to another Safran facility may be required.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job, rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Specificity of the job
Some travel may be required