The Principal Electronics Engineer will be responsible for the research, analysis, design, development, testing, debugging and modification of electronics equipment such as VFMDs (Variable Frequency Motor Drives) for vacuum generators and air compressors (ACIM/BLDC), AC/DC Power Converters (3-Φ), 28V DC Valve Controllers.
• Analyze customer requirements and validate them by analysis/modeling/prototyping or based on previous product performance
• Create and maintain hardware requirements specification and hardware interface control documents
• Performs SPICE analysis of circuits using Altium/OrCAD PSPICE tools
• Performs analysis and generate control algorithms
• Analyze and designs magnetics for EMI filter, boost/buck inductors and other input/output filters
• Performs component selection & obsolescence management
• Performs circuit design and schematic capture using Altium/OrCAD tools
• Creates hardware design document that covers design analysis, notes, and specific guidelines followed
• Provides inputs to PCB layout design
• Performs worst case load analysis (DC Load Analysis) on the circuit designs
• Performs component derating and thermal analysis
• Performance design performance margin analysis
• Performs PCB board bring-up per the circuit design
• Creates PCB board level functional test procedures per circuit functional blocks
• Creates design verification test procedure (DVTP) document
• Performs electronics hardware testing to make sure that requirements are met and generate test reports (DVTR)
• Independently finds or creates solutions to problems requiring research, resourcefulness and creativity
• Understands, follows, and promotes, Safran policies and procedures
• Review and process engineering changes in the development of water and waste systems and equipment
• Review, process and recommend engineering changes in the development of W&W equipment
• Utilizes sound technical problem solving to own or support ongoing and new products
• Follows sound engineering principles to ensure designs meet airworthiness standards, customer requirements and Safran internal standards
• Perform research and/or testing for new development
• Present technical findings and trade studies
• Assesses and creates standard work and leads or support improvement projects (group or company level)
• Independently owns, or leads a team for small/medium size projects.
• Able to review, check and approve work done by peers and lower level engineers.
• Provides guidance and training to lower level engineers.
• Understands how various groups (engineering, industrialization, operations) work together and able to navigate through the company.
• Able to interface with existing suppliers and OEM customers
• May Interface with new suppliers and OEM customers
• Approve, review, and process any engineering changes and data produced in functional group
• Utilizes sound technical problem solving to lead ongoing and new projects
• Analytical – Ability to use electrical circuit simulation tools such as PSPICE and system level simulation tools such as PSIM/MATLAB/Simulink. Able to analyze product efficiency, transient and dynamic operating and load conditions. Electromagnetic design analysis.
• Design – Experience in analog and digital control systems and applications. Superior design skills in DC-DC converter, Active Rectifiers, Gate Drives, Voltage/Current Sensor Circuit designs, EMI filter designs. Translates concepts and information into detailed electronics design data. Understanding of design parameters governing the product performance and water & waste system interactions. Disseminates product design advantages for competitive and novel improvements
• Standards – Experience in applying aerospace regulations such as RTCA/DO-160 and RTCA/DO-254 guidelines to electronics designs. Knowledge in major aerospace OEM electronics design guidelines. Ability to determine whether design complies with requirements and regulations.
• Interpersonal Skills – Possess a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence. Ability to listen and communicate.
• Hands on experience – Using design/simulation tools such as Altium/OrCAD, MATLAB/Simulink, PSIM, PSPICE etc. and test equipment such as programmable power supplies, high speed digital oscilloscopes, logic analyzers etc. Experience in laboratory testing, instrumentation setup and data analysis.
Specificity of the job
As required to visit suppliers and customers
- © Safran