Overall responsibility for leading Manufacturing organization (multiple manufacturing work centers) in achieving production schedule, product quality, product cost, and employee safety goals. Coordinates with all functional and service groups to meet customer requirements. Drives performance to achieve or exceed financial plans and strategic goals. Leverages resources and motivates personnel to create high performance culture.
A. Manages and directs all manufacturing activities to ensure completion of customer requirements
B. Assesses performance indicators, and takes appropriate actions to ensure schedule, cost, and quality goals are met
C. Ensures required documentation and/or system transactions are executed to meet customer,
manufacturing system, and financial reporting requirements
D. Assures policies, procedures, and other documentation are followed to ensure consistent and
compliant manufactured product
E. Provides leadership and commitment in support of continuing improvements in quality, productivity and delivery performance
F. Supports product design organization through new product introduction phase to ensure customer manufacturing delivery times are met
G. Assures that Environmental, Health, and Safety issues are addressed considering local regulations, company policies, and good corporate citizenship
H. Evaluates operational performance of the group in order to facilitate performance management,
merit promotions, job transfers, dismissals, commendations, etc.
I. Develops budgets and resource plans, and monitors performance, to achieve product delivery and cost requirements
J. Implements methods, practices and techniques to ensure the most efficient manufacturing processes while meeting customer delivery and quality requirements
K. Coordinates and assists with business initiatives, participating on teams in order to drive best practices across the enterprise.
1. Thorough knowledge of materials planning system (MRP/ERP) requirements and order generation process logic
2. Thorough understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts surrounding production planning, scheduling, purchasing, inventory control, logistics, stockroom operations, and shipping/receiving
3. Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (Six Sigma) concepts and tool sets as they relate to materials management
4. Thorough understanding of manufacturing technologies and processes
5. Knowledge of financial concepts and techniques utilized to establish value propositions of operational
6. Ability to direct and lead cross-functional process improvement teams
7. Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and take initiative
8. Ability to operate PC with thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office or similar software packages
9. Strong oral, written communication and analytical skills
Overtime hours and Saturdays as needed to ensure
Specificity of the job
Overtime hours and Saturdays as needed.
- © Safran