Manage Industrial Engineers that are responsible for Industrialization deliverables on all new programs as part of integrated program teams. Manage Manufacturing Engineers that are responsible for sustaining manufacturing engineering in production. Accountable for effective industrialization of new programs. Provides Industrial Engineering support and coordination during the development of Water & Waste Systems and Components. Accountable for determining cost effective methods to create products. Focal for industrialization at WWS including Transfer of Work projects and product flow optimization.
• Manage the Industrial Engineer team in developing and executing industrialization plans in accordance with standards and program goals.
• Using knowledge and expertise support the team with critical deliverables such as
o the industrial dossier eg Manufacturing Bill of Materials, Routers, Standardized work instructions
o production processes as required for the products
o new production lines and associated layouts
o phased factory layout improvement
o tools, tooling and test equipment
o operator training plans
• Support the team with Transfer of Work projects and manage the overall Transfer of Work strategy.
• Manage the Manufacturing Engineering team in supporting and improving existing product lines.
• Coach, mentor and develop the team in effective management of tasks and projects.
• Evaluate individual performances and create individual development plans in order to facilitate merit promotions, job transfers, commendations, dismissals, etc.
• Provide feedback and expertise to Design group for DFMA (design for manufacture and assembly).
• Lead initiatives to implement new production processes e.g. 3D printing.
• Lead the implementation of Lean principles.
• Coordinate with functional and plant leadership to prepare consolidated information and action plans.
• Coordinate and assist with site initiatives.
• Develop and implement admin processes and templates for the Industrialization.
• Develop, maintain and be accountable for industrialization metrics.
• Collaboration – Establishes collaborative relationships to achieve objectives
• Communication – Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Project and general management experience
• Experience in industrialization and/or manufacturing engineering
• Experience with Transfer of Work projects
• Leadership experience in Aerospace with direct reports
• Self-motivated and multi-tasker
• Able to manage resource allocation and level load team work
• BS in Industrial, Aeronautical, Mechanical, Electrical or Manufacturing Engineering
• 10+ years
• Proficient with Windows Operating System®, Office XP®
• Knowledge of design software
• Knowledge of MRP/ERP software
Experience with airworthiness regulations. Proven troubleshooting skills in primary processes such as mechanical assembly, CNC machining, layup, bonding, electronics assembly. Track record of deployment of assembly lines with complex assemblies. Knowledge of common materials and manufacturing processes used in the aerospace industry. Experience with LEAN tools e.g. Valve Stream Mapping (VSM), 5S, pull systems, standardized work. Knowledge of assembly lines with complex assemblies and /or processes. Preferably Lean Six Sigma accreditation Green Belt or Black Belt. Preferably Program Management Professional (PMP) certified. Strong problem solving skills.
Description: Manager-level position within job field.
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
• Knowledge of mechanical and electrical assembly preferred
• Knowledge of composite manufacturing processes and tooling preferred