The Engineer V will take ownership and/or support technical engineering teams and projects related to water and waste systems and components. The Engineer V will provide technical guidance and mentoring to the functional team and external groups.
Using sound engineering principles, this engineer will interface with cross functional groups (internal and external) to ensure robust, airworthy designs are attained which meet budget, schedule and internal requirements and goals. This leadership position will be responsible for participating in and leading improvement activities at a group and/or company level.
• Electro-Mechanical Design Subject Matter Expert for Water & Waste System Components
• Design in 2D and 3D environment Subject Matter Expert
• Responsible for the technical data produced from functional group
• Provides technical guidance and mentoring for functional group
• Ensures technical solutions meet customer and regulatory requirements
• Responsible for strategy of subject matter including developing and executing R&T roadmap and interfaces with OEMs and suppliers
• Approve, review, and process any engineering changes and data produced in functional group
• Utilizes sound technical problem solving to lead ongoing and new projects
• Oversees research and/or testing for new development
• Presents technical findings and trade studies
• Ensures designs meet airworthiness standards, customer requirements and ZWWS internal standards
• Assesses and creates standard work and leads or support improvement projects (group or company level)
• Interfaces with various groups (internal and external) to support new business and bring projects to completion
• Other duties as assigned
• Collects and researches data and uses intuition and experience to complement data
• Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Works well in group problem solving situations as well as with team members from other groups (procurement, contracts, customer etc)
• Responds promptly to customer needs, adapts to changes and meets commitments
• Develops workable implementation plans for projects
• Translation of Customer requirements
• Principles of Design or Technology
• Principles of Design Verification methods
• Validation of design demonstration
• Assessment of design robustness
• Knowledge of airworthiness compliance
• Technology Progress Assessment
• TRL declaration
• Basis for cost estimate
• Aerospace practices
• Customer integration
• Validation of Trade Studies
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (or equivalent) from a recognized institution
Specificity of the job
Travel may be up to 25% depending on program assignment
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated cabin interiors, catering systems and cargo equipment.
- © Safran