The Director of Aftermarket is responsible for all aspects of performance of the MRO repair business including, customer service, operations, MRO engineering, brokered repairs and , inventory, customer satisfaction, quality, and compliance. The Director is responsible for both developing revenue and profit growth strategies in collaboration with the SVP of Sales & Marketing and VP of Operations. The Director will have responsibility for the MRO business and will be accountable for the achievement of key financial, operating, customer, and talent development targets. The Director will also be responsible for the oversite of Technical Publications and Product Support Engineering and will drive the Aftermarket organization to best in class.
• Serve as the business leader responsible for providing the overall strategic direction for the Commercial Segment Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (Aftermarket) Group
• Accountable for leading and championing the key business strategies that are critical to achieving all business plan objectives.
• Reviews activity reports, operating metrics and financial performance for the Repair Station to determine progress and status in attaining objectives
• Involved in maintaining close line of communications with key customers and suppliers and making key decisions relevant to pertinent business issues affecting account activities. As well as verifying market direction in terms of product and segment opportunities.
• Develop and Implement a robust process to monitor and mitigate in service issues involving the company's' products. Will also drive the organization to develop product improvements because of in service issues.
• Oversee key hiring and talent development programs and activities.
• Function as a core member of the leadership team responsible for developing strategies and roadmaps to increase market share, brand, and customer awareness.
• Participate in Business Unit strategy discussions to develop a deep understanding of the company and aviation industry and incorporate business development recommendations that support strategic direction.
• Support identification and evaluation of geographic expansion opportunities
• Supporting identification of new MRO capab
• 10+ years or above of working experience in the Aviation MRO industry, preferable on any type aircraft component repairs.
• Bachelor's Degree or above in Engineering and/ or Business Management or relevant disciplines.
• Proven knowledge and record of accomplishment in delivering productivity improvement initiatives.
• Liaison experience with the FAA, EASA and/or other aviation industry agents.
• Experience with P&L and business plan strategy.
• Working knowledge of inspection procedures, methods, equipment and accepted industry standards
• Ability to manage a high volume of assignments with varying complexity and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment with integrity and professionalism.
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
• Must be resourceful, use sound judgment, and understand when to elevate issues due to risk or complexity.
• Proficiency using various software, applications, and programs including Microsoft Office Suite
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated cabin interiors, catering systems and cargo equipment.
- © Safran