The Technical Designer creates and modifies detail, assembly and installation drawings using 2D and 3D Computer Aided Drawing/Design tools under the mentorship of senior design engineers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Creates entire documentation packages including drawings, bill of materials, material definition, plating requirements, dimensions, and applicable tolerances.
• Adheres to assigned budgets and schedules.
• Makes revisions to size, shape and arrangement of parts to create practical design.
• Regularly maintains communication with lead engineers, senior design engineers and engineering managers on assigned duties.
• Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on time to work and working full shifts.
• Other duties as assigned.
Summary of Education, Experience & Certification
Two year certificate from a college or technical school, or three years related experience and/or training. Aviation background and aircraft interior experience a plus.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Computer Aided Drafting/Design skills (AutoCAD required).
• Basic understanding of industry design and drafting standards, e.g. ASME.
• Good understanding of manufacturing techniques.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
• Ability to work well independently and cross-functionally.
• Strong communication, time management and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and have close/color vision ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to travel as required.
• Ability to work outside of core business hours as required.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.