Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Review engineering drawings for structural integrity and compliance with FAA regulations.
• Completes stress analysis documents to show compliance to FAA regulations.
• Works to budgets and project schedules.
• Utilizes classical hand analysis methods and Finite Element Modeling techniques.
• May perform as functional “Lead” for stress team on specific project(s).
• Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on time to work and working full shifts.
• Other duties as assigned.
Summary of Education, Experience & Certification
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in engineering or equivalent, minimum 5 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to work well independently and cross-functionally as part of an established and growing team.
• Strong communication, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated experience with MS Outlook, MS Office (Word, Excel, Access)
• NASTRAN modeling and FEMAP experience desired.
• Computer Aided Drafting/Design (CAD) skills preferred.
• Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and reports.
• Ability to write technical reports and correspondence.
• Aviation background and aircraft interior industry experience desired.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and have close/color vision ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to travel as required.
• Ability to work outside of core business hours as required.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.