Senior Engineer with demonstrated knowledge of aircraft interior flammability requirements, testing methods, and documentation procedures, and broad knowledge of engineering design practices and manufacturing processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Reviews all relevant technical specifications for the project including material identification sheets, engineering drawings, and supplier documents to identify the means of substantiation for all non-metallic materials included in the drawings/documents in accordance with CFR 14 Part 25 Appendix F.
• Participates in design reviews via supporting the design team in all in-house and customer design reviews by being familiar with the proposed engineering design (interiors, monuments, systems, electrical, etc.) and finishes with the ability to identify and address potential problematic material combinations and proposing method of showing compliance during the review.
• Prepares flammability substantiation documents, such as flammability test plans, test reports, and similarity reports to show compliance to applicable regulatory requirements in support of an interior modification Supplemental Type Certificate project.
• Conducts Peer reviews of test plans and reports for quality and accuracy.
• Performs flammability testing in internal Flammability Lab following industry standard protocols or coordinates testing to be done at an external flammability lab.
• Customarily and regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment.
• Estimates the flammability group involvement in each active interior modification proposal.
• Responsible for tracking deliverables for assigned program(s) and assuring deliverables are on time and budget to support program milestones and certification efforts.
• Provides oversight of the flammability test coupon manufacturing to ensure they are tracking to the program schedules.
• Ensures the flammability database is maintained and up to date with the latest flammability information.
• Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on time to work and working full shifts.
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Greenpoint Core Competencies
• Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and accepts constructive criticism/feedback and changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
• Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts effectively in verbal and written form, exhibits good listening and comprehension, and keeps others informed and uses appropriate communication methods.
• Dependability – Responds to requests for service and assistance, follows instruction and responds to management direction, takes responsibility for own actions and doing the best job possible, keeps commitments, and maintains reliable attendance.
Annual Salary:USD 76,790-120,670
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 39 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
Safran's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) goes beyond our facility walls. We value and support the communities where we live and work. One of Safran's values and CSR pillar is Corporate Citizenship that helps drive economic, social and cultural progress by sharing our gifts with those around us.
• Your Career: Safran is committed to providing internal mobility to our employees. We operate globally so the sky is the limit of where your Safran journey can take you.
• Your Development: Safran employees have free access to Safran University courses and external tuition reimbursement for approved programs or certifications.
• Your Benefits: Our suite of comprehensive benefits include health care (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, 401(k) savings plans with company match, paid time off, Safran Perks with BenefitHub – Employee Discounts & Rewards Marketplace for consumer products/services and more!
Summary of Education, Experience & Certification
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Mechanical, Civil, Aerospace, Chemical, or Materials Engineering; minimum 6 years of experience in aerospace flammability; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Aviation background and aircraft interior industry experience required.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Demonstrated experience with Internet software, Design software; and Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to interrogate Computer Aided Drafting/Design models.
• Ability to work well independently and cross-functionally.
• Strong communication, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Experience building relationships and working closely with compliance finders (Designated Engineering Representatives and/or Unit Members)
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
• Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and have close/color vision ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to travel as required.
• Ability to work outside of core business hours as required.
Locate your future workplace
11724 NE 195th Street WA 98011
Washington United States