Oversees all testing on GTI programs. Writes test plans and conducts tests on electrical/mechanical equipment and systems. May conduct advanced research, to generate documentation necessary for certification of aircraft interior, systems modifications, and component certification.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Designs and directs electrical, mechanical, and technical personnel in the fabrication of testing and test control apparatus and equipment.
· Oversees all testing on GTI programs, including aircraft ground and flight testing for system certification, static and laboratory testing.
· Directs and coordinates electrical/mechanical engineering activities concerned with development, procurement, installation and calibration of instruments, equipment and control devices required to test, telemeter, record and reduce test data.
· Serves as technical focal for testing; provides accurate estimates, progress reports, test data, and plan execution.
· Determines conditions under which tests are to be conducted and sequences and phases of test operations.
· Directs and exercises control over operational, functional, and performance phases of tests.
· Confers with scientific, engineering, and technical personnel to resolve testing problems such as product or system malfunctions, incomplete test data and data interpretation.
· Analyzes and interprets test data, prepares technical reports including test plans and service bulletins for use by electrical/mechanical engineering, certification and management personnel.
· Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on time to work and working full shifts.
· Other duties as assigned.
Summary of Education, Experience & Certification:
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in engineering; minimum 8 years experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Aviation background and aircraft interior industry experience required.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Demonstrated experience with Internet software, Design software; and Microsoft Office Suite.
· Computer Aided Drafting/Design (AutoCAD preferred).
· Ability to work well independently and cross-functionally.
· Strong communication, time-management and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
· Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
· Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts and operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
· Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and have close/color vision ability to adjust focus.
· Ability to travel as required.
· Ability to work outside of core business hours as required.
In accordance with the Federal Government Executive Order 14042, being fully vaccinated for Covid-19 is a contingency for employment with Greenpoint Technologies. We will consider a request for medical exemption or religious exemption as the law requires. For more information please contact Human Resources at [email protected] and [email protected]
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated cabin interiors, catering systems and cargo equipment.
- © Safran