The Procurement Manager oversees and directs a team of purchasing professionals to support parts requirements for mod install kits and production across all sites. They will ensure that Greenpoint's interests in terms of value are upheld through supplier on time delivery, quality and total cost. They will develop and implement strategic goals and objectives, promoting collaboration and coordination of procurement activities with key stakeholders, as well as overseeing the day to day tactical execution of the procurement team's assigned responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Hires, develops and manages Procurement team through day-to-day requirements and individual employee development to established performance standards.
• Provides input and recommendations for the establishment and delivery of the departmental vision for Supply Chain.
• Conducts 1:1 discussions, annual performance reviews and mid-year reviews, manages personnel related issues and makes recommendations for salary adjustments.
• Recruits, hires, trains staff, evaluates employee performance, and recommends or initiates promotions, transfers, and disciplinary action.
• Provides leadership for employee relations through effective communications, coaching and developmental goals.
• Enforces and adheres to policies as outlined in employee handbook.
• Develops and executes strategies to deliver against annual operational and financial goals.
• Manages the development and facilitates portions of the required departmental training.
• Provides input and recommendations on organizational structure/resource requirements needed for Supply Chain to best meet long term company goals.
• Acts as first line of escalation for buyer issues related to internal support, parts procurement and supplier performance.
• Advocates on behalf of the department needs to fix issues related to overcoming obstacles with internal coordination and communication with other departments.
• Proactively participates in design and engineering phases of programs, providing guidance to ensure products are designed and planned in an efficient manner.
• Develops and manages internal and external relationships, establishes rapport and collaboration with key stakeholders to ensure client satisfaction.
• Monitors, validates and reports out on adherence to budget, cost savings and cost avoidance initiatives and progress.
• Monitors and reports status of key Procurement metrics – implements corrective actions where performance needs to improve.
• Ensures that all functional teams follow established BMS processes and uses standard templates, documentation and methodology.
• Continually supports, promotes and models Greenpoint corporate values and culture in everyday business dealings.
• Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on time to work and working full shifts.
• Other duties as assigned.
Summary of Education, Experience & Certification
Bachelor's degree, seven years of experience in Supply Chain Management and three years supervisory experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Aerospace background and aircraft interior industry experience preferred.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Proven management skills including leadership of high-performing team, employee development and effective change management.
• Ability to work well independently and cross-functionally as part of an established and growing team.
• Proven leadership experience related to procurement practices, policies and processes.
• Ability to motivate, coach and manage a team including conducting annual performance reviews.
• Extremely customer focused/takes time to understand business needs.
• Demonstrated strong negotiations skills.
• Demonstrated effective decision making and ability to influence executive level decisions.
• Demonstrated experience of implementing performance-based contracts with suppliers.
• Experience developing and implementing procurement best practices and continuous improvement methodologies.
• Demonstrated ability to build internal customer/external supplier relationships to optimize performance and deliver process improvements.
• Strong analytical, time-management and organizational skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication, and effective presentation skills across multiple audiences.
• Demonstrated experience with technology including Microsoft Office applications, ERP, Inventory and order processing systems.
• Demonstrated knowledge of sourcing ethics.
• Demonstrated ability to apply good judgment and decision making.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and have close/color vision ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to travel as required.
• Ability to work outside of core business hours as required.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.