Leads the materials management activities including Planning, Stores and material logistics across all Greenpoint Technologies sites, ensuring that parts and materials are supplied to manufacturing and modification centers in a cost effective and timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides leadership to develop and execute the planning and logistics strategy across all Greenpoint Technologies facilities.
• Develops, monitors, and reports key performance indicators for Planning and Stores activities, manufacturing/installation kit status progress, material inventory, and others, as defined by business needs in accordance with program and/or established deadlines. Implements corrective actions and follows up where performance improvement is needed.
• Contributes to, and provides support of, proposal development, strategic planning and budgeting.
• Works with continuous improvement team to initiate/support improvement activities aimed at reducing waste in manufacturing and administrative processes.
• Develops and manages internal relationships, establishing rapport and collaboration with key stakeholders to ensure client satisfaction.
• Assists leadership from Operations and Procurement as required.
• Proactively participates in design and engineering phases of programs, providing guidance to ensure products are designed and planned in an efficient manner.
• Confers with Purchasing, Engineering, Program Management and other personnel to exchange information regarding inventories, schedules, and related production issues.
• Develops and implements strategy for master scheduling, engineering drawing review, and Bill of Material and Production Order creation in the MRP system, to initiate requirements for all in-house manufacturing, purchased parts, equipment and other items necessary for creating superior aircraft interior products and VIP completions.
• Controls item data in all GTI ERP systems, ensuring that item data fields owned by planning are accurate and maintained.
• Advises others on care and preservation of items received, stored, and shipped; methods and use of equipment in handling, storing, maintaining, and shipping stock, and related processes.
• Plans layout of warehouse, and other storage areas, considering turnover, size, weight, and related factors of items stored.
• Ensures stores processes and disciplines are maintained, that achieve annually set accuracy and adjustment targets.
• Studies inventory levels and recommends disposal actions for reported non-usable and excess stock, including recommendation on appropriate financial provision levels.
• Provides definition, development and implementation of standard operations, work instructions and frameworks for all responsible functional areas.
• Provides leadership for employee relations through effective communications, coaching and developmental goals.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Greenpoint Core Competencies
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and accepts constructive criticism/feedback and changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
• Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts effectively in verbal and written form, exhibits good listening and comprehension, keeps others informed, and uses appropriate communication methods.
• Dependability - Responds to requests for service and assistance, follows instruction and responds to management direction, takes responsibility for own actions and doing the best job possible, keeps commitments, and maintains reliable attendance.
• Initiative - Sets and achieves challenging goals, demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles, measures self against standard of excellence, recognizes and acts on opportunities, and takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, and puts success of team above own interests.
• Work Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, displays commitment to excellence, looks for ways to improve and promote quality, applies feedback to improve performance, and monitors own work to ensure quality.
Bachelor's degree, seven years of experience in Supply Chain Management and three years supervisory experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Aerospace background and aircraft interior industry experience required.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Proven management skills including leadership of high-performing team, employee development and effective change management.
• Ability to work well independently and cross-functionally as part of an established and growing team.
• Proven leadership experience related to materials management practices, policies and processes.
• Ability to motivate, coach and manage a team including conducting annual performance reviews.
• Ability to work with all levels of the organization.
• Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to plan comprehensively, set priorities, and manage multiple projects and deadlines efficiently.
• Extremely customer focused/takes time to understand business needs.
• Demonstrated effective decision making and ability to influence executive level decisions.
• Extensive knowledge of quality terms, concepts, inspection and planning processes.
• Ability to read drawings, processes, pack slips, invoices and certification documentation.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• Ability to solve complex problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to provide visibility and status using effective methods.
• Strong analytical, time-management and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to lead Continuous Improvement projects.
• Ability to promote continual improvement and motivate individuals towards over achievement.
• Ability to coordinate and handle multiple priorities within deadlines and take initiative to produce results.
• Ability to instruct and share lessons learned.
• Ability to maintain high quality standards, minimize cost, and work within a schedule driven environment.
• Demonstrated experience with technology including Microsoft Office applications, MS Dynamics AX, Expedite resource planning, Inventory and order processing systems.
• Demonstrated ability to apply good judgment and decision making.
• Extensive knowledge of aerospace components.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and have close/color vision ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to travel as required.
• Ability to work outside of core business hours.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.