Greenpoint Technologies, a Safran company, provides leadership for the Mechanical Systems Engineering group within Greenpoint's Engineering Department supporting ongoing and future Greenpoint programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Recruits, hires, trains staff, evaluates employee performance, and recommends or initiates promotions, transfers, and disciplinary action.
• Conducts 1:1 discussions, annual performance reviews and mid-year reviews and salary adjustments.
• Leads a team of up to 15 engineers and organizes them to design aircraft modifications effectively.
• Proactively addresses any employee relations issues to enhance morale and productivity.
• Sets the quality standard for the Greenpoint structures and checking design departments and puts standards and processes in place to make sure that quality standards are achieved.
• Coaches, trains, and mentors a team of Group Lead/Senior Design Engineers to keep all team members working efficiently.
• Develops analytical tools, databases and work flow procedures, as needed, for efficient design.
• Manages multiple priorities and competing tasks while making decisions as to priority of tasks and assignment of team members.
• Works closely and constructively with other departments within Greenpoint to gain consensus on the best strategy for each engineering design issue.
• Communicates clearly with the engineering team and other departments and vendors, as required, to facilitate smooth completion of Greenpoint designs.
• Prepares staffing plans, anticipates critical path issues and sets a strategy to meet program schedules and budgets.
• Ensures budgets and schedules are met.
• Serves as role model and champion of Greenpoint's values and culture.
• Assists with bids and estimations of costs for new programs.
• Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on time to work and working full shifts.
• Other duties as assigned.
Summary of Education, Experience & Certification
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in engineering; minimum 10 years industry experience; a minimum of 5 years' experience successfully leading a team of engineers including a proven track record of effective team building and talent development; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Aerospace background and structures experience required.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to motivate, coach and manage a team including conducting annual performance reviews.
• Strong written and verbal communication and effective presentation skills.
• Knowledge of aircraft structures and drawing development, installation and FAA requirements.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications. Excellent technical, conceptual, and financial skills required.
• Ability to motivate team efforts to accomplish goals.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Ability to work well independently and cross-functionally as part of an established and growing team.
• Strong, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and have close/color vision ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to travel as required.
• Ability to work outside of core business hours as required.
In accordance with the Federal Government Executive Order 14042, being fully vaccinated for Covid-19 is a contingency for employment with Greenpoint Technologies. We will consider a request for medical exemption or religious exemption as the law requires. For more information please contact Human Resources at [email protected] and [email protected]
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated cabin interiors, catering systems and cargo equipment.
- © Safran