Assist the Engineering Manager in providing leadership for the Engineering group and supporting ongoing and future Greenpoint programs. Providing planning, organization, coaching, mentoring, and training for engineers assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists the Engineering Manager to guide the Design Engineering team to ensure successful completion of engineering designs to meet internal and external customer's specifications and requirements.
• Provides input for performance reviews, employee relations and assists department head in delivery of feedback.
• Conducts weekly one-on-one meetings with the group of engineers assigned.
• Assists department head with resource planning, recruiting, hiring, training and evaluation of staff.
• Assigns daily work and task assignments while maintaining adherence to budget and schedule.
• Coaches, trains, mentors and provides guidance to Engineers to keep all team members working efficiently.
• Ensures all design data release timelines meet the designated schedule for a successful aircraft delivery.
• Provides technical guidance and feedback to Engineers. Ensures that the team remains on task and focused on technical objectives and assists when needed.
• Develops tools, data bases, work flow procedures aimed at streamlining and optimizing project support, quality and timeliness of Monument Design Packages.
• Provides status and reports as required to Project Engineers and Engineering Manager.
• Works effectively with other departments within Greenpoint to gain consensus on the approach to solve issues and mitigate constraints. Serves as focal point for questions, technical guidance, etc.
• Prepares meeting materials and presents status of specific program design issues required to keep projects on time, gain team consensus and support progress of the design package to completion.
• Identifies, documents and reports risk, challenges and lessons learned to the Project Engineer and Engineering Manager.
• Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on time to work and working full shifts.
• Other duties as assigned.
Job Core Competencies:
• Job Knowledge – Competent in required job skills and knowledge, exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills, keeps abreast of current developments, requires minimal supervision, displays understanding of how job relates to others, and uses resources effectively.
• Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, supports and explains reasoning for decisions, includes appropriate people in decision-making process, and makes timely decisions.
• Performance Coaching - Defines responsibilities and expectations, sets goals and objectives, gives performance feedback, motivates for increased results, recognizes contributions, and encourages training and development.
Greenpoint Core Competencies:
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and accepts constructive criticism/feedback and changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
• Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts effectively in verbal and written form, exhibits good listening and comprehension, keeps others informed and uses appropriate communication methods.
• Dependability - Responds to requests for service and assistance, follows instruction and responds to management direction, takes responsibility for own actions and doing the best job possible, keeps commitments, and maintains reliable attendance.
• Initiative - Sets and achieves challenging goals, demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles, measures self against standard of excellence, recognizes and acts on opportunities, and takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, and puts success of team above own interests.
• Work Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, displays commitment to excellence, looks for ways to improve and promote quality, applies feedback to improve performance, and monitors own work to ensure quality.
Summary of Education, Experience & Certification
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, with a major in aerospace or eight years equivalent work in aerospace industry, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience working for an aircraft completions organization, preferably in a Lead Engineer position.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to lead a team of engineers to produce monument design to meet multiple schedules and budgets.
• Ability to coach and motivate a team of engineers.
• Ability to work well independently and cross-functionally as part of an established and growing team.
• Ability to build relationships within the group and across the organization.
• Strong communication, time-management, problem solving and organizational skills.
• Working knowledge of project management and budgeting.
• Working knowledge of Aerospace Standards and Specifications pertaining to Aircraft Structures, Interiors, Materials, Mechanical Systems and Payload Systems.
• Knowledge of industry design and documentation standards.
• Knowledge of mechanical assemblies and manufacturing technique design.
• Working knowledge of industry accepted CAD system.
• Proficient in Microsoft applications.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and have close/color vision ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to travel as required.
• Ability to work outside of core business hours as required.
Locate your future workplace
11724 NE 195th Street WA 98011
Washington United States
- © Safran