Creates basic designs of aircraft interiors, structures and mechanical systems for Fit, Form and Function to meet customer criteria, quality standards, FAA requirements, budget and project schedules using Computer Aided Drafting/Design tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Designs and checks mechanical aircraft interior furnishing, structures and/or systems.
• Ensures designs meet customer criteria, quality standards and FAA requirements.
• Adheres to budget and project schedules.
• Provides design guidance and feedback to other engineering personnel.
• Provides liaison engineering support.
• Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on time to work and working full shifts.
• Other duties as assigned.
Job Core Competencies
• Judgment – You display a willingness to make decisions, you exhibit sound and accurate judgment, you support and explain reasoning for decisions, you include appropriate people in decision-making process, and you make timely decisions.
• Job Knowledge – Competent in required job skills and knowledge, exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills, keeps abreast of current developments, requires minimal supervision, displays understanding of how job relates to others, and uses resources effectively.
Annual Salary: USD $65,500-$142,610
Why Should You Join Us?
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 39 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
• Your Career: Safran is committed to providing internal mobility to our employees. We operate globally so the sky is the limit of where your Safran journey can take you.
• Your Development: Safran employees have free access to Safran University courses and external tuition reimbursement for approved programs or certifications.
• Your Benefits: Our suite of comprehensive benefits includes health care (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, 401(k) savings plan with company match, paid time off, Safran Perks with BenefitHub – Employee Discounts & Rewards Marketplace for consumer products/services and more!
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to check engineering drawings for Fit, Form and Function.
• Strong Computer Aided Drafting/Design skills using AutoCAD and/or Inventor.
• Three dimensional (3D) design/drafting skills are preferred.
• Knowledge of industry design and documentation standards.
• Experience with mechanical assemblies and manufacturing technique design.
• Ability to work independently and cross-functionally as part of an established and growing team.
• Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
• Strong time-management and organizational skills.
• Experience adhering to budget and project schedules.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and have close/color vision ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to travel as required.
• Ability to work outside of core business hours as required.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to meet high expectations for meeting strict schedule, budget and technical solutions.
• Ability to adapt to tailored processes designed for prototype engineering (vs. production engineering)
• Broad and diverse knowledge of multiple disciplines: Locating, provisioning, and installations for LRUs (electrical equipment), 3D wire routing adhering to aircraft system separation requirements.
Summary of Education, Experience & Certification
• Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in engineering, minimum of 5 years relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Aviation background and aircraft interior experience preferred.
• Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
Locate your future workplace
11724 NE 195th Street WA 98011
Washington United States