Creates basic designs of aircraft interiors, structures and mechanical systems for Fit, Form and Function to meet customer criteria, quality standards, FAA requirements, budget and project schedules using Computer Aided Drafting/Design tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Designs and checks mechanical aircraft interior furnishing, structures and/or systems.
• Ensures designs meet customer criteria, quality standards and FAA requirements.
• Adheres to budget and project schedules.
• Provides design guidance and feedback to other engineering personnel.
• Provides liaison engineering support.
• Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on time to work and working full shifts.
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Greenpoint Core Competencies
• Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and accepts constructive criticism/feedback and changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
• Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts effectively in verbal and written form, exhibits good listening and comprehension, and keeps others informed and uses appropriate communication methods.
• Dependability – Responds to requests for service and assistance, follows instruction and responds to management direction, takes responsibility for own actions and doing the best job possible, keeps commitments, and maintains reliable attendance.
• Initiative – Sets and achieves challenging goals, demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles, measures self against standard of excellence, recognizes and acts on opportunities, and takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
• Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, and puts success of team above own interests.
• Work Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, displays commitment to excellence, looks for ways to improve and promote quality, applies feedback to improve performance, and monitors own work to ensure quality.
Job Core Competencies
• Judgment – You display a willingness to make decisions, you exhibit sound and accurate judgment, you support and explain reasoning for decisions, you include appropriate people in decision-making process, and you make timely decisions•
Job Knowledge – Competent in required job skills and knowledge, exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills, keeps abreast of current developments, requires minimal supervision, displays understanding of how job relates to others, and uses resources effectively
Summary of Education, Experience & Certification
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in engineering, minimum of 5 years relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Aviation background and aircraft interior experience preferred.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to check engineering drawings for Fit, Form and Function.
• Strong Computer Aided Drafting/Design skills using AutoCAD and/or Inventor.
• Three dimensional (3D) design/drafting skills are preferred.
• Knowledge of industry design and documentation standards.
• Experience with mechanical assemblies and manufacturing technique design.
• Ability to work independently and cross-functionally as part of an established and growing team.
• Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
• Strong time-management and organizational skills.
• Experience adhering to budget and project schedules.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and have close/color vision ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to travel as required.
• Ability to work outside of core business hours as required.
Locate your future workplace
11724 NE 195th Street WA 98011
Washington United States
- © Safran