The Associate Design Engineer creates and modifies detail, assembly and installation drawings using 2D and 3D Computer Aided Drawing/Design tools under the mentorship of senior design engineers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Creates entire documentation packages including drawings, bill of materials, material definition, trim and finish requirements, dimensions, and applicable tolerances.
• Adheres to assigned budgets and schedules.
• Makes revisions to size, shape and arrangement of parts to create practical design.
• Maintains regular communication with lead engineers, senior design engineers and engineering managers on assigned duties.
• Works closely with lead engineers to develop engineering skills and progress within the Engineering career track.
• Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on time to work and working full shifts.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree (B.S) in engineering required or 4 years of relevant engineering experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Aviation background and aircraft interior experience preferred.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Computer Aided Drafting/Design skills (AutoCAD/Inventor preferred).
• Knowledge of industry design and documentation standards, e.g. ASME.
• Experience in manufacturing techniques.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
• Ability to work independently and cross-functionally as part of an established and growing team.
• Strong communication, time-management and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and have close/color vision ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to travel as required.
• Ability to work outside of core business hours as required.
In accordance with the Federal Government Executive Order 14042, being fully vaccinated for Covid-19 is a contingency for employment with Greenpoint Technologies. We will consider a request for medical exemption or religious exemption as the law requires. For more information please contact Human Resources at [email protected] and [email protected]
Locate your future workplace
11724 NE 195th Street WA 98011
Washington United States
- © Safran