The Associate Avionics Systems Engineer creates and supports the avionics designs (block diagrams, functional schematics, wire diagrams, and wire kits) to include cabin system components, in-flight entertainment, communication systems, LED cabin lighting, AC/ DC power systems, and other products to meet customer criteria, design quality standards, FAA requirements, budgets, and project schedules.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Supports the definition of avionics and electrical system architecture requirements, definition, system and sub-system aircraft integration for VIP/VVIP aircraft platforms.
• Supports the development of aircraft integration design solutions utilizing engineering drafting tools for avionics and electrical aircraft interiors, system components and supports aircraft installations and testing.
• Interfaces with engineering leads to resolve design issues, captures changes and closes out designs to meet schedule and budget targets.
• Supports installation of systems via liaison with modification facility, identifies root cause issues, captures redline updates, resolves design issues and updates drawings to meet schedule.
• Assists with equipment vendors to capture requirements and ensures operational interface between systems and sub-systems is maintained and validated.
• Assists with checks of engineering packages and generates and/or revises specifications.
• Maintains close coordination with project engineers and other program focals to comply with schedule and cost requirements of programs.
• Participates in the project bid process to capture engineering and design requirements for bid estimates and firm price quotes to customers.
• Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on time to work and working full shifts.
• Other duties as assigned.
Summary of Education, Experience & Certification
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in aerospace or electrical engineering or equivalent experience required.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge of power distribution.
• Understanding of electrical design process.
• Ability to work well independently and cross-functionally across multiple organizations.
• Strong communication, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and have close/color vision ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to travel as required.
• Ability to work outside of core business hours as required.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.