Reporting to the Design Manager, the Design Assistant assists and supports Design team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Researches new materials, fabrics, and design trends in an effort to meet aircraft certification requirements.
• Coordinates with suppliers.
• Creates Material Boards and builds Material Specifications (MIDs).
• Maintains the Material Library and Program/Proposal Color Board Archive.
• Assists in designing product packaging and graphics for sales and marketing.
• Contributes to a positive work atmosphere by displaying productive behavior and communication focused on building effective working relationships with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
• May prepare illustrations in Photoshop and/or Illustrator.
• May create Elevations and Detail Drawings using 2D AutoCAD.
• Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on time to work and working full shifts.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Summary of Education, Experience & Certification
Minimum two-year certificate from college or design school; or three to six months experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Working knowledge of MS Office. MS Outlook, AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator desired.
• Ability to work well independently and cross-functionally as part of an established and growing team.
• Strong communication and time-management skills.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to write simple correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and have close/color vision ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to travel, as required.
• Ability to work overtime as required.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.