Your role would be to lead the activities in Slough Laboratory to ensure the following:
• It is meeting the requirements of all of its internal customers in the division (including Production and Design Office in various Safran sites),
• Products requiring routine or specialist testing are being tested in a systematic and planned way, to ensure that they meet the required specifications,
• Testing and qualification activities are performed and facilitated,
• The laboratory operates safely and efficiently,
• Reports are generated using laboratory data that will help us to improve the quality and features of the products
• The infrastructure in place meets the needs in testing and future capability is forecasted.
You would be expected the develop technical proposals for new customer requirements and carry out laboratory testing.
You will take ownership of projects with major Laboratory dependency, with responsibility for:
• Overall project management,
• Customer interaction,
• Senior management communication and reporting
Ensuring that the projects are successfully completed against pre-agreed targets, and are delivered to cost, schedule and specification.
Good communication and team work skills. Must have good project management skills.
• Technical education to Degree level
• Experienced in product testing
• Experienced in a management role
• Strong communication skills as necessary to interact with a range of stakeholders internationally
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and competent in the use of Microsoft Project
• Experience of codes & requirements in Aerospace
• Awareness of aerospace and interconnect products
• Knowledge in electrical power transmission (high voltage/ current) and associated technical constraints/ testing requirements
Specificity of the job
UK and Europe. Travel to Tunisia and USA may be required.
Locate your future workplace
220 Bedford Ave Slough
England United Kingdom
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification and in the electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 11,500 employees across thirteen different countries.
- © Safran