The Future Cruise / Anti-Ship Weapon (FCASW) programme has been launched by the UK MOD and the French DGA. MBDA, the prime contractor, has awarded Safran Power Units (SPU) and Rolls-Royce (RR) a contract to develop jointly a turbofan engine.
A collaboration between SPU & RR has therefore been set up for the first phase of the study, lasting 3 years, known as the "Assessment Phase" which will lead to engine tests on a First Engine To Test
The project manager will be the SPU representative and focal point embedded within the RR site and will work with a multidisciplinary team of 25 people based in Toulouse (industrialization, tests, quality, project, mechanical design, systems)
The role will be based in Rolls Royce Bristol at least 3 days with the other 2 days a week either onsite in Fareham or remote.
• Represents Safran Power Units (SPU) in discussions and technical negotiations with the customer and partner, including on technical specifications, client interfaces, design, performance and analysis
• Acts as facilitator role in technical relations, participates in technical project meetings with the client
• Leads Safran Power Units (SPU) / Rolls Royce (RR) coordination meetings based on agile process (SCRUM)
• Responsible for preparation of weekly activity reports and summaries to facilitate decision-making at the project/programme team level.
• Responsible for monitoring performance through KPIs.
• Responsible for Identifying risk/opportunity with regard to Customer relationship and partner relationship and propose action plan to mitigate risk or to implement opportunity
• Promotes and uses advanced collaboration tools to improve partnership and collaboration spirit
• Builds a creative and open-communication environment within the team
• Ideally have Gas Turbine engine experience
• Problem solving techniques
• Demonstrable experience in a technical projects or a technical degree with project experience
• Ability to conduct meetings
• Understanding of customer relations
• Ability to carry out reporting activities
• Demonstrable written and verbal communication skills
• Negotiation skills
• Ideally be able to converse and understand French Language
• Computer Literate – MS Office packages/Project Software
• Able to work within a multidisciplinary team
Specificity of the job
Regular travel within the UK with occasional travel to France
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Helicopter Engines is the world's leading manufacturer of helicopter engines, with more than 75,000 produced since being founded. It offers the widest range of helicopter turboshafts in the world and has more than 2,500 customers in 155 countries.
- © Safran