• Packing of Engines and Modules, before being returned to storage or onward shipment to customer or repair centres
• Visual documentation & inspection of all engines and modules with the objective of identifying and segregating serviceable and unserviceable components.
• Visual and documentation inspection of all purchased and sub contracted aerospace components and parts for manufacturing areas within new production
• Inspection of all types of engines and modules to ensure conformance to quality / airworthiness standards, working within the parameters as laid out in EASA procedures and work instructions.
• Packaging of engine and modules, after either Pre Induction or repair from maintenance centre before assets are shipped to either end customer or repair centre
• Perform and assist in investigations into non-conformance by the use of measuring equipment where required
• Containment and securitisation activities for checking parts in process or in stores when required.
• Inspection of purchased and sub contracted parts & components to ensure conformance to customer drawing, quality / airworthiness standards and purchase order requirements, working within the parameters as laid out in procedures and work instructions for parts and assemblies.
• Goods receipt of all purchased and sub contracted parts in the companies ERP system (SAP), data entry
• Provide cover where required where demand dictates a request by Team Leader within the employees competency
• Use of overhead crane equipment
• Experience in a range of manual inspection techniques and equipment
• Demonstrate the Company Values & Behaviours.
• Contributes by driving and sustaining business objectives and continuous improvement within the department
• Maintains a high standard of housekeeping at all times as set by SAFRAN
• Have a proven Aerospace and/or Manufacturing background
• Experience in a range of manual inspection techniques.
• Play an active part within the team and contribute to the business objectives and continuous improvement philosophies and opportunities.
• Work in accordance with HSE legislation, the Company Operating Systems, policies and procedures.
• Clean tidy worker.
• A finisher in the tasks assigned.
• Team player that is able to work independently when required.
• Willing to support the team in any way possible.
• Problem solver.
• Innovative thinker.
Specificity of the job
Not as yet a requirement
Locate your future workplace
Concorde Way, PO15 5RL
Segensworth North Fareham Hampshire
England United Kingdom
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Helicopter Engines is the world's leading manufacturer of helicopter engines, with more than 75,000 produced since being founded. It offers the widest range of helicopter turboshafts in the world and has more than 2,500 customers in 155 countries.
- © Safran