The purpose of the Manufacturing Team Leader is to manage and lead personnel to achieve the operational plan, whilst coaching, developing and implementing a team based continuous improvement environment. The Team leader will understand and contribute to their inputs and outputs required for the business unit.
• Safety - Work in accordance with HSE legislation, the Company Operating Systems, policies and procedures.
• Quality - Ensure that products and services meet the requirements of customers, quality standards and airworthiness authorities, by leading the QRQC (SQCDPI) process team board and assume accountability and resolution of issues within area.
• Quality/Delivery – Ensure the monthly management of calibration for items in accordance with company procedures.
• Quality/Cost - Manage TPM ensuring daily/weekly/monthly/annual checks are maintained in accordance with schedules within the area.
• Cost – Provide and support ideas and improvements for DLU (Direct Labour Utilisation) / STD v ACT where deviations are identified. Lead the team to continuously identify opportunities to improve processes and working practices whilst taking responsibility for implementing SQCDPI opportunities and Our Ideas. Develop performance indicators to identify progress and improvements.
• Cost/Safety - Lead 5s activity taking accountability for audits and corrective actions. Create and demonstrated a ‘way of life' for 5S via daily/weekly assessments and time bound periods for improvements and maintenance. Ensure good housekeeping is demonstrated.
• Cost - Raise purchase requisitions for direct and indirect spend for area requirements and be Point Of Contact for vendor items.
• Delivery - Provide feedback / progress status in regard to workload and priorities for area/group in preparation of production meetings and coordinate between all customer areas ensuring each workcentre is fully utilised and prioritised and flexibility is maintained.
• Delivery - Ensure generated documentation / SAP routings are completed accurately and processed correctly in a timely manner.
• Delivery – Identify departmental Risks and contribute to business Red Risk reviews.
• People – Uphold and demonstrate the Company Values & Behaviours through leading by example. Carry out Personal Development Reviews as per company requirements.
• People - Liaise with other Team leaders to ensure flexibility and bottleneck management of work areas are highlighted and supported.
• People - Develop business knowledge to contribute to the Company's business planning, goals and objectives.
• Innovation – Continuously identify opportunities and flexibility across Manufacturing and associated areas to improve processes and working practice and customer delivery requirements.
• Other tasks which, from time to time may be reasonably required to meet the needs of the business and support the department goals and objectives.
Knowledge - Have proven experience in man management and manufacturing processes, experience in process and continuous improvement initiatives.
Skills - The ability to develop the leadership role, be a good communicator at all levels, Have proven aerospace/manufacturing background. Knowledge of SAP and Non-conformance management.
Qualities – Leader of people, clean and tidy worker, and finisher in the tasks they are assigned. Team player, able to support the team in any way possible, Problem solver, Innovative thinker.
Specificity of the job
Rarely, however could be required from time to time.
Locate your future workplace
Concorde Way, PO15 5RL
Segensworth North Fareham Hampshire
England United Kingdom
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Helicopter Engines is the world's leading manufacturer of helicopter engines, with more than 75,000 produced since being founded. It offers the widest range of helicopter turboshafts in the world and has more than 2,500 customers in 155 countries.
- © Safran