The projects manager is tasked by the Head of Project Managers and PMO to manage the project within objectives defined on a program. These objectives are define in term of adherence to schedule, conformity of deliverables to applicable requirements, respect of budget. This is also called QCD (Quality, Costs, Delays) This includes :
• Project organization
o Conduct initial cost estimate
o Create a Works Breakdown Structure and Organization Breakdown Structure
o Structure initial planning of activities
o Make sure each work package has deliverables, description and appropriate budget agreed with the work package owner
• Run the project
o Coordination of the project team and the different WBS elements to ensure delivery within QCD objectives
o Manage the risks
o Customer relationship (planning, scope management, coordination of technical exchanges)
o Report project status in the program team and participate to Integrated Programme team meetings
o Monitoring of the project :
Establish and update weekly the schedule of activities
Create and update trackers of progress for main activities
Establish project base line and trace change requests
Conduct cost estimate of change request
Identify deviation compare to initial baseline in term of scope of work, cost, schedule
Ensure conformity to project management standard of the division
• Close the project
o Provide synthesis of the project (comparison to original estimate, change of scope, risks, lessons learned)
• Deliver projects within QCD objectives set by the program manager.
• Risk Management – ensure development logic (planning) is in accordance with risk identified; ensure correct management and reporting of the risks on its project.
• Ensure proper application of project management process on a program
• Review and audit all cost estimates on a program
• Ensure proper workload/capacity management on a program
• Ensure generation of monthly Project dashboard and KPI
Education / Experience:
• Master degree or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
• Strong track record with proven experience, including experience leading cross-functional program/project teams is essential
• Experience of working in a matrix organization.
• Experience within an Engineering environment is strongly preferred
• Aerospace and/ or defence program management experience strongly preferred
• A strong background in project management is required
• Training and experience in applying Project Management standards and tools to a business. (Costing, structuring, planning, coordinating, monitoring and control).
• Leadership Skills strong leadership along with the ability to interface with cross-functional disciplines; using strong interpersonal skills to drive tasks to completion
• Project management: Fully understand the project management methodology (management of costs, deadlines, quality, etc.) and implement and train and coach others as part of a programme activity. Proven skills in managing large complex project
• Emotional Skills : Self motivated with problem solving and decision making skills . Emotionally resilient and able to work effectively against demanding targets in a complex, multi-disciplined environment
• Autonomy: Ability to manage team, organize activity and take decision without supervision
• Delegation: Ability to create confidence with their team and empower the team to manage a program
• Communication: Ability to deliver a synthetic and clear communication in a respectful manner. Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to coach others on this.
• Understanding of the system/products/services within the project scope.
• Expertise on the development methods/processes.
• Ability to develop and coach team members in the following skills: project management.
Specificity of the job
Locate your future workplace
Pitstone Business Park Westfield Rd, LU7 9GT
England United Kingdom