The Program Manager works in cooperation with other program managers in a consistent program team lead by a Senior Program Manager. The Senior Program Manager allocated the management of one of the programs in her/his scope to the program manager. The Program Manager role is to lead all the stakeholders of the Business Line to ensure customer satisfaction and economic performance of a program while monitoring and mastering risk level. The Program Manager is in charge of conducting program activities in consistency with the Safran Program management referential: PROMPT, ONE Safran and associate Group Procedure (GRP-0203, GRP-0204, GRP-0206, GRP-0207, GRP-0208, GRP-0209, GRP-0210, GRP-0289).
On behalf of a Senior Program Manager, the Program Manager is accountable for achieving program objectives on a program from contract awards (S3 milestone) to retrieve from service (S12 milestone). This requires to ensure the global coordination of all the activities in the Business Line to
-Deliver expected program figures as define in Medium Term Plan (MTP)
-Ensure consistency with customer expectation
-Limit risk exposure generated by program activities to an acceptable level
-During Bids phase (S1 to S2 milestone), validates RC and NRC estimates and associate assumption to ensure the delivery of a sound business case at S3.
-During R&T phase (S0), coordinates an R&T program, associate schedule, milestone and budget.
-The Program Manager works closely with sales and marketing to develop sound technology roadmaps and a channel to market. As the R&T activities fall outside formal development process, the Program Manager develops and applies appropriate management plan inspired but strictly conform to PROMPT during R&T phase. The Program Manager is in charge of managing Technology Readiness Level and Manufacturing Readiness Level during R&T phase.
-The order of magnitude for is role are:
A yearly budget between 1 and 5 M€
A yearly revenue between 1 and 10 M€
Direct contact with one main customers
Management of activities evolving multiple countries
Management of complex development
- Participate to program improvement process
- Manage operationally customer satisfaction, profitability of business plan and control risk level on a program
- Ensure application program process a program
- Participate to construction and approval of business plan during bid phase (S1 to S2)
- Build program MTP on a program
- Monitor program performance on a program
-Ensure program reporting (internal and external) on a program - Ensure an efficient steering on a program
-Ensure deployment of efficient corrective action in case of drift on a program
-Organize program reviews (and PROMPT milestone for program in development and in service)
-Support Program audit on a program
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Master degree or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
• Strong track record with proven experience, including experience leading cross-functional teams is essential
• Negotiation Skills: Ability to conduct negotiations internally or externally with customers, partners, competitors, etc. and reach consensus, in line with program objectives
• Aerospace and/ or defence program management experience strongly preferred
• Experience of working in a matrix organization.
• Experience within an Engineering environment is strongly preferred
• Training and experience in applying Program Management standards and tools to a business. (Program planning, monitoring and control, integrated program management and risk management).
• Must understand constrain of operation activities (order fulfilment process, Turn Around Time, procurement cycle, learning curve, efficiency, production burden, cost escalation )
• Leadership Skills strong leadership along with the ability to interface with cross-functional disciplines; using strong interpersonal skills to drive tasks to completion
· Project/programme management: Fully understand the project management methodology (management of costs, deadlines, quality, etc.)
• Emotional Skills : Self motivated with problem solving and decision making skills . Emotionally resilient and able to work effectively against demanding targets in a complex, multi-disciplined environment
• Customer Management: Ability to establish a relationship of trust with program customers. Experience of converging the needs of all parties in the form of shared and mutually acceptable solutions.
• Autonomy: Ability to manage team, organize activity and take decision without supervision
• Delegation: Ability to create confidence with their team and empower the team to manage programs
• Communication: Ability to deliver a synthetic and clear communication in a respectful manner.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification and in the electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 11,500 employees across 13 different countries.
- © Safran