The role requires the management and coordination of all purchasing requirements for Safran Electrical & Power UK Ltd across a defined list of supplier's. This will involve purchasing to MRP requirements with an expected level of spend in the region of £10-£15m per annum.
The role will also require a significant level of interaction with both internal and external stakeholders as part of a cross functional team, therefore the ability to build effective relationships is a fundamental requirement.
• Supplier site visits will be required as part of this role up to 10%.
• £10-£15m annual spend against MRP requirements
• No direct reports
• Act as the focal point for all day to day material requirements across an agreed range of suppliers;
• Work with suppliers to ensure deliveries are on-time, in full and aligned with the needs of the business;
• Drive improvement actions via KPI review and maintenance
o Supplier Acknowledgements within the supplier portal
o Requisitions to Purchase Order conversion
o Purchase Orders late to requirements
o Action Messages (reschedule in or push product out)
• Perform Request for Quotations on stranger parts as required
• Manage deliveries of Purchase orders to be just-in-time for inventory management
• Escalate, where appropriate, any significant issues that require management intervention or awareness;
• Work with suppliers to resolve issues impacting performance, such as, Quality discrepancies, Book in queries, Permits/Concessions or Invoice query resolution and corrective actions where needed
• Work with Purchasing/SRPM/SQA/Vendors to ensure/create robust and efficient Supply chains
• Manage returns to vendors via the NCT process
• Requisition to PO conversion, weekly KPI
• Supplier Acknowledgements, weekly KPI
• PO's in arrears, weekly KPI
• Action messages (Pull-in or Push-out), weekly KPI
Decision making authority:
• Raise purchase requisitions to MRP schedule
• Influence safety stock policy
• Make determinations on schedule pull in and push outs
• Communications to suppliers on status of shipment schedules
• SP2 alignment to SAP
• Previous experience in Supply Chain Management, specifically procurement;
• Excellent negotiation and influencing skills;
• Must have excellent analytical, numerical and planning skills;
• Previous management of Supplier schedules and operational procurement desirable;
• Experience within a production control system in either a lean manufacturing environment or Planning / Purchasing area would be advantageous;
• Energetic, results oriented, driven individual and effective communicator at all levels
• Previous knowledge of SAP would be advantageous.
• Ability to work independently
• Understanding and executing to the wider business strategy for their assigned suppliers/commodities
• Evidence of written English at interview stage. This will be through providing certification of a formal English or technical qualification studied in the UK or overseas in English. If this cannot be provided you will be required to complete and pass an online SHL English comprehension test as part of the interview process.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification and in the electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 11,500 employees across 13 different countries.
- © Safran