Electricity is in the Air !
At Safran Electrical & Power, our vision is to deliver smarter electrical solutions for a better flight.
We are convinced tomorrow flights will be hybrid electric and even fully electrically powered. We will be flying VTol (Vertical Take off and landing), light jets and urban mobility solutions that will revolutionize the way we fly.
If you want to dream big, to make a difference, to leave the routine and work on the future, we are looking for enthusiastic, visionary, and passionate geniuses to join our team.
A Principal Systems Engineer is required to maintain the correct level of Systems Design leadership throughout a project life cycle. Working within a flexible engineering environment this role will become part of a team of highly motivated, skilled and experienced individuals whose primary activities relate to electrical power generation and distribution systems, and include:
• System requirement definition, working with the customer in a team context
• System design including architectures, performance analysis and integration aspects
• Requirement management and compliance analysis
• Responsible for Systems related technical decisions and providing the Systems interface to the customer.
• Supervise and hold technical responsibility for the work of others, and ensure a high level of quality is maintained
• Participation in system test rig design, test rig commissioning and system testing
• Support of system testing at the site and customer's facility
• Preparation of documentation with the end goal of system qualification and aircraft certification (including system specifications, interface control documents, system description documents, test specifications and reports)
• Accountability for compiling and collating documentation for Safety of Flight / Certification, and issuing the System Declaration of Design and Performance (DDP)
• Generation of Project plans and Monthly Execution Plans (MEP) and attending daily stand-up meetings to ensure the Programme Engineering budget is met
• Supporting new business growth in promoting the company's capability to customers, in investigating possible opportunities and in preparation of responses to customer Requests for Proposal
• A degree in Electrical, Electronic, Aeronautical, Systems or Control Engineering or other appropriate professional qualification
• A strong interest in systems design and integration, and their application to electrical power generation and distribution
• Work experience in, and a broad understanding of, aircraft or other complex safety-critical systems
• Use of DOORS software.
• Good understanding of the System Engineering process and its application to the product lifecycle
• Experience of understanding and interpreting customer and internal specifications to extract technical requirements, building strong relationships with external and internal customers
• System architecture decomposition and definition, Integration V&V planning, System requirement definition, Validation, Implementation, System verification etc
• Evidence of written English at interview stage. This will be through providing certification of a formal English or technical qualification studied in the UK or overseas in English. If this cannot be provided you will be required to complete and pass an online SHL English comprehension test as part of the interview process
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification and in the electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 11,500 employees across thirteen different countries.
- © Safran