Working within the Site Maintenance team, the role holder will provide maintenance, repairs and improvement work to the production and test equipment on site. This includes supporting both the Operational and Engineering functions. They will also assist with day-to-day facilities maintenance.
This role has no direct reports or budget management responsibility.
• Carry out routine planned maintenance of selected plant & equipment to a pre-defined schedule.
• Ensure all routine servicing is carried out with minimal impact on production and engineering.
• Carry out or facilitate repairs to any plant or equipment that has failed.
• Input information into the CMMS and provide feedback to reduce unplanned downtime.
• Assist with the control, ordering and replenishment of spare parts and components.
• Work with specialist sub-contractors to assist with routine maintenance & repair.
• Order spare parts as & when requested.
• Liaise and keep production and engineering teams updated to ensure they are aware of scheduled tasks and any disruptions.
• Carry out any other routine tasks to support the maintenance & support function of the site, including TPM for assigned equipment.
• Apprentice served engineer or equivalent experience, with both electrical and mechanical knowledge (electrical bias)
• HNC/City & Guilds or similar technical qualification
• Experience in a maintenance or production support position working on production machinery, production lines and facility plant
• Experience working with electrical/controls equipment, fault finding and programming on PLC's and HMI's, pneumatics
• Self-motivated, energetic, flexible, proactive and positive personality
• Good verbal communication skills
• Ability to work well within a team, show initiative and have a confident, collaborative approach to work
• Experience in the Aerospace industry
• Experience with CNC machines
• Experience working with robots
Specificity of the job
Locate your future workplace
Pitstone Business Park Westfield Rd, LU7 9GT
England United Kingdom