The role is responsible for ensuring that products within the area are manufactured to specification, on time and to quality in line with key performance indicators. The role involves ensuring that any production issues are flagged and resolved and that continuous improvement is initiated where required.
Assemble products on time and in line with quality standards.
Operate machinery in accordance with standard operating procedures.
Follow and apply health and safety processes onsite.
Identify constraints in production flow and any line stoppages.
Identify opportunities for continuous improvement to work area and processes.
Ensure that housekeeping standards are maintained at workstation and surrounding area.
Work as a team member to increase team performance / productivity and support the development of new team members.
Work within a range of operational areas to support changing operational requirements.
• An attention to detail and a quality mindset.
• Experience of working within a team and able to work on own.
• Flexible approach to work and a willingness to move to other areas.
• A good level of literacy and numeracy.
• Able to demonstrate good judgement skills- pass/fail/refer to Line Engineer
• Good IT literacy and a working knowledge of PC operations (i.e. Windows, Windows Explorer, excel, pdf's)
• Experience of working within a manufacturing environment.
• Ability to follow engineering drawings & technical instructions.
• Ability to handle and manipulate complex parts of up to 15kg repeatedly and with precision.
• Familiarity with complex electrical/electronic test equipment
Specificity of the job
Locate your future workplace
Pitstone Business Park Westfield Rd, LU7 9GT
England United Kingdom