We are looking for people who would like to work in a stimulating environment where good team working skills are valued.
The successful candidates must possess one or more of the following essential skills:
• Build of Aircraft Generators and Rotors
• Balancing of Rotor assemblies
• Heat / Freeze operation for stator sink
• Strip, survey and fitting experience for generators
Other essential requirements include:
• Electrical assembly and repair down to sub-assembly level Ability to read Engineering Drawings, Engineering Layouts and related documentation
• Can self-inspect products using bench Electrical equipment & Mechanical equipment and judge pass/fail/refer to Line Manager
• A good level of literacy and numeracy
• Knowledge of IPC solder standards
• Able to demonstrate good judgement skills- pass/fail/refer to Line Engineer
• Proven ability using a multitude of hand tools including screw drivers, pliers, cutters, torque wrenches, jigs and fixtures, and other manual hand tools
• Awareness of Quality Management System ISO 9001 / AS9100
• Experience of working within a manufacturing environment.
• Ability to inspect product using test/precision measuring equipment.
• Familiarity with complex electrical/electronic test equipment
• Ability to diagnose and repair faults on customer products
• Ability to lift equipment/generators up to 25kg
• Ability to read Component Maintenance Manuals, Service Bulletins and related documentation techniques
• Good observational skills.
• A flexible approach and a willingness to learn additional manufacturing skills.
• Good IT literacy and a working knowledge of PC operations (i.e. Windows, Windows Explorer, excel, pdf's)
• SAP awareness
• Experience of working within a team and able to work on own
08:00 to 16:45 Monday to Thursday
08:00 to 12:00 Friday
From time to time the successful candidate may be required by the Company to perform other tasks, which are not included in the above description, but are within the capabilities of the individual and where necessary training will be given.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification and in the electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 11,500 employees across 13 different countries.
- © Safran